Friday, June 18, 2010

This Week

This week has been busy. I guess we are taking advantage of Bryan being home and filling our days with things to do.
We got a coupon in the mail for two free pints of Benjamin Moore paints, so being a little spontaneous, we decided to paint our family room. It was a dusty blue color and it just wasn't very bright. It looked dingy and dark. We picked out a color called Sunny Days. It was a bold choice for us, but I think the way it turned out is fabulous! Here's the before...And here's the after... It makes the room feel bigger and so much lighter. I love it. Eventually, we want to put a big painting or mirror above the fireplace. The colors of the room are going to change too. Maybe some blues? We'll have to see.

I had to throw this picture in. Bennett is pretty attached to his blankie. He LOVES anything silky and soft. This is how I found him last night when I went to check on him. He's so cute.



We have been spending a lot of time in our yard. The kids love to be outside. Bennett likes the porch swing. Oh, and his eyes are really that blue. They are gorgeous! I think they are getting more and more blue the older he gets.




I let my girls take some pictures of the rose we have growing in our front yard. They took some great pictures of it. Here is the one that Chloe took...


Here's the one that Niah took...


Some of Niah's new friends participated in a soccer camp this week. She wanted to join them so she has been going every day this week for three hours and learning how to play soccer. I think she really enjoyed it, even though she cried every day when I dropped her off. It was put on through a Lutheran church and she got a soccer ball, t-shirt, water bottle, and some Lutheran indoctrination! Really, the devotionals weren't that bad, nothing had to be corrected at home! It was good for Niah to get out and get to know some of the kids here a little better.


Next week the work begins! Bryan goes back to work and so do I. It's been a while since I have had all three kids by myself every day. I think it's going to take some getting used to. We will have to figure out a new routine.







4 comments:

Mrs. Vanna Z said...

Love the yellow, Nat!

I can't wait to see pics of your house! Especially from the curb! So far, it looks great! Hope you're settling in ok!

Kaija said...

Wow it does look bigger! I love the color! How fun for Niah to be in soccer with friends. She seems like she makes friends easy! Also, Congrats Bryan on graduation. WOW! What an accoplishment!

Tamara Jacobs said...

i LOVE the color you painted!!!
it's so pretty. yellow walls are my favorite.

the kids are so cute.
bennett is sooo handsome, his eyes are amazing. i can't wait to see you guys.
love you!

The Brady Bunch said...

The color is AWESOME! I need to do something like that, get a new bright color in our house.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath