Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Name and Meaning: Niah Marie. Niah means 'priceless'. We heard the name Niah while we were living in Provo. We never really thought about it while I was pregnant but when she was born, I remember looking at her and the name Niah popped into my head. I knew that was supposed to be her name. Marie is my middle name and Niah's great-great grandma Hazel's middle name.
Age: 3. She will be 4 in January.
Nicknames: Ni, Niah Bo Biah, Babe
Favorite Activities: Watching Disney Channel, playing games on the computer, playing with friends, singing.
Favorite Foods: Apples, oranges, popsicles (she eats one every day while Chloe takes her nap), pizza.
Least Favorite Foods: Mustard. That's the only thing she doesn't like!
Favorite Music: Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, anything Disney!
Favorite Toy: Princess figurines
Favorite Book: Beauty and the Beast, Enchanted Look and Find
Favorite Item of clothing: Tinker Bell jammies, she never wants to get dressed in the morning and she wears them every night to bed.
What makes her Happy: When Mom is silly, getting packages in the mail, and going to the Toy store.
What makes her Sad: Leaving dance class, getting toys taken away when she doesn't pick them up, going to bed.
Funny words or phrases she says: (I added this one because I was thinking about doing a post about it anyway!) 'Oh Smack!', mazazing instead of magazine, air conditioner instead of hair conditioner, 'You have got to be kidding me!', 'Don't talk to me like that Mom!'. We love our Niah and she makes us laugh every day.
I now tag: Tam with Pres, Erica with Gavin, Miquelle with Addi, Kaitlan with Hailey, and Sara Jane with Lawrence.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Bryan has started his annual flag football games. He landed wrong on his ankle during the game and this is what it looked like two days later. Bryan and I have diagnosed him with 'Old Man Syndrome'! Haha. I guess that's what happens when you sit in a classroom or work in the hospital all day for three years. His team has won their first two games so they are doing well. I will post some pictures of their next game. Stay tuned for more injuries!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
On a happier note, last night, Niah found her princess guitar and was singing to me while I got the house picked up. I think she might be a song writer/musician someday. She loves to sing and play music. Her songs make me giggle. She uses such big words like 'celebrate' or 'difficult' in her songs. I wish my sister Tam lived closer so that she could give her voice lessons!!
Chloe is such a funny girl. She knows when I need a hug. Last night, I was mad at the world and mad that the girls room was a mess, again, after I cleaned it yesterday morning. Chloe came over to me and climbed in my lap and gave me a hug. It was so sweet. It made my whole night better.
I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea from this post, I'm just venting! I love my girls and love being a mom. There is nothing I would rather do than take care of them and be with them all the time. I'm trying to capture every moment in my head so that I don't forget what they were like when they were little! Time goes too fast.
Here's one of Niah's songs. She cracks me up!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Niah's trying to get Chloe to look at the camera...
Thursday, September 18, 2008
I finally got some video of Niah on the monkey bars! She did so well in class yesterday!! She was a little nervous but her new teacher, Miss Lauren, took her in and sat Niah on her lap for a few minutes. I knew Niah would do better without me in there with her. She loved it and I think we are over the shy/nervous hump!
This is Niah doing the obstacle course in class. It's her favorite part of the day. I didn't get the whole thing because the window is tiny and you can't see the whole room, bummer.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
* When the semester was over, Bryan let me load all my stuff in his truck while he was at graduation. While I was loading my desk chair in the bed of the truck, I hit the side of it and scratched the paint. I was so scared to tell Bryan that I did that. I thought he would dump me after hurting his truck... okay, not really, but I was scared!
* We went to a wedding reception in Malad, Idaho and it was in the truck on that drive that we talked about the details of a wedding and our future life together.
* Bryan took me up on the West Mountain and pretended to lock his keys in the truck. After making me look under the truck and around in the bumpers for another 'spare' key, a little wooden box that had a ring in it fell to the ground when I bumped it! That's when he proposed!
* At our wedding reception, my Uncle Danny decorated the truck with squeeze cheese and bologna. After leaving the reception we stopped at the car wash to clean it off. Lets just say that the car waiting behind us probably got a good show!! Can you blame us?- it was our first day as a married couple!! (B will probably be embarrassed that I posted that!)
* The first summer after we got married we lived in St. George for the summer. We loaded up the truck and drove out on some little dirt road and camped out in the bed of the truck on an air mattress. It was a blast.
* Bryan and I loved to go mountain biking together before we had kids. Bryan built his own bike rack in the bed of his truck so that we could load our bikes easily and head to the mountains!
* We have had numerous family trips to the lake here in Vermont with the kayak.
* Chloe loves 'Daddy's truck'! Every time she sees it she gets exctied and wants to ride in it. She has even thrown a couple of tantrums when we tell her we're going in the other car.
The Dodge Dakota was a great truck and I will miss it! I'm sure Bryan will too, even though he probably wouldn't admit it!
Friday, September 12, 2008
1- Where did you meet? We met at Snow College. My roommate knew Bryan's roommate, Cody, so they came over one night to say hi to her and the rest is history!
I now tag Cami, Annette, Sara L., Erica, Aunt Dee, Mom (Maybe Tam already tagged you?!), Mel and anyone elso who feels so inclined!!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Niah: "I'm going to be scared and I'm nervous Mom."
Me: "It's okay that you're nervous. You'll be brave. We can say a little prayer before we go so that Heavenly Father will help you be brave."
Niah: "Mom, he can't help me! He's in Heaven!!"
I wasn't sure how to answer that. We then had a short discussion on prayer and how that's our way to talk to Heavenly Father. That's a hard concept for children to understand, I think. Once she got into class, she was a little hesitant to leave my side but she did it anyway. She was sitting on the balance beam finally getting warmed up, and her teacher asked her- very nicely I might add- to stop eating the beads on her skirt because she didn't want her to choke on them. I think Niah must have thought she was in trouble or something because that was the breaking point! She burst out in tears and came running over to me. The rest of the class she was teary and would not let me leave her side. Towards the end, she was fine again and then started crying when it was time to go home! I'm not sure how next week will go. I think I am going to take Chloe with me so that I CAN'T go in the room with her and she will just have to do it on her own! These pictures aren't the greatest, but it's all I got! Niah was embarrassed to have pictures taken of her. I tried to get one of her by her cubby but she was embarrassed and told me to stop taking pictures!
Once Niah stops being so silly (I'm not sure why she is acting like this, she's not usually shy), I will try to get video and better pictures!