Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Goodbye 'Daddy's Truck'!

Bryan bought his truck right after I met him. It was Bryan's baby. I remember the first time he let me drive it, I was shocked and I think that's when I knew that Bryan really loved me!! He let me drive it home because it was late and I didn't want to walk home and he was too tired to take me! I drove to my apartment at Snow College and called my roommate to tell her that she would never believe what I was driving! She came outside and gawked at the sight of me in the driver's seat! The girls loved riding in his truck, especially Chloe! I have so many great memories of the Dakota. Mostly for my journaling purposes, here are a few of the things I remember about our time with the truck... * It was in Bryan's truck that he first held my hand. We were on the way home from the car wash in Ephraim. (in the middle of February! Who washes their car in February?! It really was his baby!)
* When the semester was over, Bryan let me load all my stuff in his truck while he was at graduation. While I was loading my desk chair in the bed of the truck, I hit the side of it and scratched the paint. I was so scared to tell Bryan that I did that. I thought he would dump me after hurting his truck... okay, not really, but I was scared!
* We went to a wedding reception in Malad, Idaho and it was in the truck on that drive that we talked about the details of a wedding and our future life together.
* Bryan took me up on the West Mountain and pretended to lock his keys in the truck. After making me look under the truck and around in the bumpers for another 'spare' key, a little wooden box that had a ring in it fell to the ground when I bumped it! That's when he proposed!
* At our wedding reception, my Uncle Danny decorated the truck with squeeze cheese and bologna. After leaving the reception we stopped at the car wash to clean it off. Lets just say that the car waiting behind us probably got a good show!! Can you blame us?- it was our first day as a married couple!! (B will probably be embarrassed that I posted that!)
* The first summer after we got married we lived in St. George for the summer. We loaded up the truck and drove out on some little dirt road and camped out in the bed of the truck on an air mattress. It was a blast.
* Bryan and I loved to go mountain biking together before we had kids. Bryan built his own bike rack in the bed of his truck so that we could load our bikes easily and head to the mountains!
* We have had numerous family trips to the lake here in Vermont with the kayak.
* Chloe loves 'Daddy's truck'! Every time she sees it she gets exctied and wants to ride in it. She has even thrown a couple of tantrums when we tell her we're going in the other car.

The Dodge Dakota was a great truck and I will miss it! I'm sure Bryan will too, even though he probably wouldn't admit it!

3 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

Oh that cute post makes me even miss your truck:) haha...you have TONS of awesome memories with that truck! That's so cute that Chloe loved it so much!

Sara Jane said...

Congratulations on becoming a minivan family. Your truck has lots of memories--I'm sure it was hard to part with it. I always wondered why people with two kids drive minivans and now I completely understand. I would be driving one now if I could. Minivans are cool!

miquelle and cody said...

I remember when you scratched the truck...what fun memories!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath