Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dance Class: Part 2

Well, Niah had her second day of dance class. I ended up in the room with her again today, but I didn't have to do everything. I sat against the wall. This is the conversation Niah and I had this morning before we left...
Niah: "I'm going to be scared and I'm nervous Mom."
Me: "It's okay that you're nervous. You'll be brave. We can say a little prayer before we go so that Heavenly Father will help you be brave."
Niah: "Mom, he can't help me! He's in Heaven!!"
I wasn't sure how to answer that. We then had a short discussion on prayer and how that's our way to talk to Heavenly Father. That's a hard concept for children to understand, I think. Once she got into class, she was a little hesitant to leave my side but she did it anyway. She was sitting on the balance beam finally getting warmed up, and her teacher asked her- very nicely I might add- to stop eating the beads on her skirt because she didn't want her to choke on them. I think Niah must have thought she was in trouble or something because that was the breaking point! She burst out in tears and came running over to me. The rest of the class she was teary and would not let me leave her side. Towards the end, she was fine again and then started crying when it was time to go home! I'm not sure how next week will go. I think I am going to take Chloe with me so that I CAN'T go in the room with her and she will just have to do it on her own! These pictures aren't the greatest, but it's all I got! Niah was embarrassed to have pictures taken of her. I tried to get one of her by her cubby but she was embarrassed and told me to stop taking pictures!
Once Niah stops being so silly (I'm not sure why she is acting like this, she's not usually shy), I will try to get video and better pictures!

5 comments:

Kell said...

So cute Nat! That's a way funny story. He can't help cuz he's in heaven...kid's say the darndest things. :) I'm so glad she's starting dance! Yay! She'll get used to it eventually. :)

Tamara Jacobs said...

That's so cute !! That's so funny what she said about prayer! She looks so grown up in her little dance outfit! I can't wait to hear how next week goes:) love ya!
p.s...I tag you! look at my blog:)

Sara said...

That's too cute. Kids are too funny aren't they? You just never know what they're gonna say or do! Good luck next week!

Unknown said...

I love her outfit. So cute! That's so funny that she's so shy in class because I just can't picture that. She's such an outgoing girl!

Kaitlan said...

Haha Nat she looks so cute!! Thats so funny that she makes you go in with her! Now you can learn some gymnastics moves too! Haha I love you guys! :)


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath