Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dance Class

Niah had her first day of dance/gymnastics class today! She looked so cute and grown up in her dance leotard and footless tights. I had planned on taking pictures and video of her while she was in class, but things didn't go exactly as planned today! Ni was pretty nervous and didn't want to go into class alone so, I had to go in the room with her and do everything with her. (it's a good thing I left Chloe at my friend's house!) I was the only mom in the class! I felt a little silly hopping like a frog across the room! Oh, the things we do for our children! Niah warmed up eventually and started doing what the class was doing. She had to do an obstacle course and she loved it. She learned how to pliet (sp?) and she got to swing on the gymnastics bar. Her teachers, Ms. Jeanne and Ms. June, were really cute with the kids. They sang lots of fun songs and they had actions to go with the songs. When the class was over, Niah didn't want to leave. I'm hoping that next week she will want to go in alone and that she won't be so shy/nervous. I promise to have pictures of her next week!! All in all, I think she loved it and I hope she makes some new friends and enjoys the class. It's so weird that she is old enough to do something like this. Stay tuned for pictures!

4 comments:

AnnDeO said...

Yay for mom's in dance class. I played the violin for two years, Chase would just run around and listen to me struggle. I even had to do a recital. It's hard to believe that cheerleading and posing Niah are shy.

Unknown said...

She looked so cute when you guys came back! I loved her little dance outfit!

When Clayton started TaeKwonDo I was the token mom who had to do everything. She'll adjust and then you can just sit back and enjoy!

Tamara Jacobs said...

That is so fun Nat! Way to take one for the team and dance with her:) That's cute. I would pay to see her in that class!:) love ya!

Kaija said...

How cute Niah started dance! I would pay to see YOU dance as a frog in that class! So cute Nat! You're a true mom!! Love ya and think of ya often! Hey how long is Miq in Utah?


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath