Friday, August 20, 2010

Mommy Daughter Date

I decided that Niah needed some one-on-one time before school starts next week. We went to the mall and did some more school shopping. We had a great time! Niah is really into picking out her own clothes and she knows what she likes. She picked out some checkered Van shoes to be just like her Aunt Kelly. She looks so grown up in them and I can't believe that Kindergarten starts in just a few days. (tear, tear) We saw a photo booth and Niah really wanted to take pictures, but when we got in it, it was not working. So, I told her we'd go home and make our own photo booth. Here's what we came up with!

I love my sweet Niah. Even though she has been a bit of a challenge lately, I love spending time with her. She makes me laugh. She is an awesome helper. I love that we have a secret handshake and that she is so excited about school. She told me the other day, "I can't wait to go to school and make new friends and to get a smart brain!" If only I could go with her.

10 comments:

Three Lads and a Lis said...

cute idea on the photo booth!

melforbes said...

love it Nat. Great photos of the two of you. Hard to believe Niah is going to Kindergarten. Love ya,
Pops

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh that is the cutest post.
i LOVE those pictures so much!
i can't believe niah is getting so big.
i love her.

Stephanie said...

It would be fun to secretly watch Niah in school as she starts her first day.

Lauren said...

I can't believe you have a kindergartner! She is so beautiful! Tell her she'll love kindergarten from a kindergarten teacher. :)

Karlie said...

Cute! I remember doing that with my dad. Those picture are so dang cute.

miquelle and cody said...

I can't believe we are old enough to have kids starting school!! What a fun date you two had!

Kell said...

So cute Nat! I feel proud that Niah wanted shoes like her (favorite) aunt ;) I can't believe she's starting kindergarten! Crazy. And I love how you created your own photo booth pictures. So cute. Love ya sister!

The Brady Bunch said...

I can't beieve that she's going to kindergarten! Time FLIES way too fast. Good luck to you Nat! I know I'll be a mess when I've got to take Leila to kindergarten for the 1st time.

AnnDeO said...

Exciting for Niah! and such cute pics of her and her mom. Now Niah will learn about "the Nation" (of course with her smart brain she probably knows so much already) Enjoy.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath