Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rochester: Part Two

The second day in Rochester we went to Palmyra, NY to see all the church sites there. Both Bryan and I had been there before, but it was nice to go see it again. Niah was excited to see where Joseph Smith lived and to see the 'Secret Grove'- that's what she calls it. There is such a peaceful, special feeling there.
Here's the kids playing around and exploring Hill Cumorah. I finally got a darling picture of Chloe!!

Sitting outside the old Smith Family log home.




There were so many pretty flowers at all the sites. They were so bright and beautiful!




All of us inside the log home.





Niah and Addi being silly. They are best buds, they had so much fun together.




The Sacred Grove. I think my family has a picture of us all sitting on this exact bench the last time we visited here. Now I have one of my family!!




All the girls checking out the stream.



On the way home from Palmyra we stopped and fed the ducks on the Erie Canal. I think this was one of the girls' favorite things we did.





I love that we were able to take Niah and Chloe to see where Joseph Smith lived and had the first vision. They both know the story so I think they loved seeing where it actually happened. We also drove them by the temple. Bryan went and did a session that morning and when he left I told Chloe where he was going. Her reply was, "I'm going to the temple too! He leaved me!" She didn't understand that we were going to meet him there later on. It was so cute, she was so excited to see the 'emple'.
Thanks Mickelsens for letting us stay with you and for showing us a good time. We had a blast!!












2 comments:

Kell said...

I love your pictures! Your girls look so big! I can't get over it. They are so cute. It looks like you guys had a blast. Love and miss you all!
P.s. don't forget to tell Miquelle and Cody to watch out for Elder Pettersson. :)

melforbes said...

I love that you blog! It seems like I can share in your adventures and fun. You can tell the kids are having a good time...big smiles:) I love the new picture at the top...Bennett is growing fast! Thanks for sharing...love, mom


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath