Friday, April 16, 2010

MIA and a Treasure

I have been MIA from the blogging world these days. It has been a little busy around here and if I'm on the computer then I am usually looking at furniture for our new house! I went to South Bend last week and found us a house. Bryan stayed with the kids while I went all alone. It was not as scary as I thought it would be! It was really fun and the house we got is going to be perfect for our family. I can't wait to get there and get settled. I'll have to post some pictures of the house later.
Bryan and I have been into antiques lately so we went and visited some local antique shops just to see what we could find. We stumbled upon this beauty...I have always loved the story of the Titanic. I remember reading a book about it in 7th grade and I developed a fascination for it. Then the movie came out and that made me love it 10x's more! Yes, I was one of those girls who was obsessed with the movie. I saw it in the theater seven or eight times. To this day, "My Heart Will Go On" is the only song I still have memorized on the piano. When I saw this ship, I knew I had to have it! We left the shop and I couldn't stop thinking about how bad I wanted the ship. So, after selling a few things around the house and earning the money to go buy it, I went and made the purchase. I couldn't be happier about it!! I can't wait to put it in our new house. I love my new treasure.


4 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

how awesome nat! i love that titanic ship! i remember how much you loved that show! i kind of want to watch it now...it's been a while.
love ya!

The Quarnbergs said...

That totally makes me laugh. Jake and I have been obsessed with Titanic. That was our very first date. He drove me from Ephraim down to Richfield to watch it. Then I saw it 6 more times in the movie theather/drive in, and I can't count the number of times that we have seen it on our own copy of "Titanic" or on a random channel on tv. Plus all the documentaries, and we went to see the traveling artifact exhibit. Now it is in Las Vegas and we want to go BAD!!!!!! So I am totally loving the boat you got and even just a bit jealous

AnnDeO said...

You're the king of the world!!! That is soooooo awesome.

Heather and Ben said...

Congrats on the house Nat!! Can't wait to see pictures!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath