Thursday, April 29, 2010

Superstar

A few weeks ago, we got a flyer saying that our housing community was having a talent show. Not really thinking anything of it, I asked Niah if she wanted to do something for it. Her answer was, "Ya, I want to break dance!" So, I put her on the list, not expecting her to really go through with it. Well, the day came. I had been telling her all week that we needed to practice. She got nervous and wouldn't practice that day. I asked her if she knew what she was going to do in her dance and she told me she had it all planned out. She fixed her own hair, chose her own clothes, and picked out her own music. We got to the talent show and she told the girl in charge that she didn't want to be first but that she would go fourth! I was expecting her to get too nervous and not do it, but when her turn came she rocked out! I started the music and she started dancing like her Aunt Kell. (She told me beforehand that she was going to dance like her Aunt Kelly!) I was a proud mother and couldn't wipe the grin off of my face while she was dancing! Niah has some moves. She did awesome!

9 comments:

TLJ said...

okay, that is the cutest thing ever!!!! i love that girl so much. she is really good too!
love you miss niah!
-tam

The Masons said...

You're right!! She does have some moves! That would take a lot of guts! (well for me anyway) She is so cute!!

melforbes said...

That is the cutest! Tell Niah she is awesome and I know she made her Aunt Kell proud!! Keep up the moves Niah girl. love, grams

AnnDeO said...

Niah's dance made my morning. I love her outfit, the moves, the courage, the whole thing. You Go Niah!

Three Lads and a Lis said...

that was Awesome - way to go Niah... got me a little tearied eyed seeing the community center in the background (yeah, I'm a nerd).

Happy Packing!

Kell said...

Niah the dancer! She's got skills Nat. Tell her I'm proud. :) love you!

melforbes said...

Yeah Niah! Way to shake it. You are awesome.
Love ya,
Grandpa Mike

Jen said...

You go Niah!! There is no white man overbite going on there. You have move that defy gravity. Love it.

Bryan and Christy Clark said...

i cant believe all the good things we missed! she looks awesome!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath