Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Birthday and Thanksgiving Celebration

Last week was one to remember! My WHOLE family came for the holiday and we had so much fun together. We started off with a big birthday party for me! We went to Hana Yori Hibachi Grill for dinner.

The girls did not like the big flames at all. Look at Chloe's face!! She was so scared.





My mom provided the cake and candles. I think there are too many candles on that cake! I didn't think I could blow them all out in one breath, but I did. My sister made me that cute hat and my parents gave me a Cricut Expression!!! I have been playing with it and making Christmas decorations. I love it.



We went swimming at the hotel. The kids got to have a sleepover with Grams and Gramps that included popcorn and a movie in the hotel theater. They were in heaven.





Ash gave all five of us a haircut. Benny liked his first real haircut. He just sat and played with some blocks and was so great while Ashley was cutting. I feel like a new woman with my new haircut and color! Thanks Ash!





Thanksgiving day was wonderful! I was so happy to have everyone at my house to celebrate. I had fun hosting at our new home. I always miss my grandma on Thanksgiving because it was 'her holiday', but I think she was there with us.







I made place cards for all of the adults with a picture of them when they were little. Then I helped the girls write why they were thankful for that person on the back of the card. It turned out pretty cute!


We set up a photo shoot in the front room since it was soooo cold outside. We couldn't pass up the picture moment when we were all together. My mom and dad are such good grandparents. My kids just love them to death. We'll have to get a new picture when Colin and Ashley's little girl arrives, this one is already outdated!




Here's the five grandkids. They were being so silly. Chloe was not in the mood to cooperate for this one.



Here's the whole family. It's amazing how it's grown over the past few years. I love it.





I am so grateful for my family. I love them so much! They are awesome. Thanks Mom and Dad for all you do for us. You truly are the best parents a girl could ask for. To all my siblings (including Ashley :): thanks for making me laugh and for being so much fun to hang out with! I miss you all when we aren't together.
It's a good thing we will all be together again in just a few weeks. I hope you are ready to party it up in Disneyworld!!










9 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

nat i loved your post!
i LOVE how you did the family picture!!!
that's an awesome one!!!
i miss you tons.
love you,
tam

Nikki said...

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving!!! What an awesome family you have! and the place cards was a way cute idea!!

Emilee said...

Your family is composed of so many lovely ladies. And the picture looks amazing. Happy Birthday!

The Brady Bunch said...

What a fun week of celebration and family time! FAMILY IS THE BEST!!

Sara B. Larson said...

Looks like you had such a wonderful time! I'm glad you had such a great birthday and Thanksgiving. What cute ideas for placemarkers. :) And Disneyworld?!? I am so jealous! That was my favorite vacation ever. I hope I get to go again sometime soon with my family. Happy birthday!

Matt and Melissa said...

gosh, I cannot believe how big your family has gotten either! So cute though, glad you guys all got to be together for Thanksgiving!

AnnDeO said...

We went to a Japanese restaurant over Thanksgiving as well... for Jen's birthday and grandma and grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary. Luke threw up his hands and said "This is the best time EVER" Family is pretty cool.

Kaija said...

So fun! Hey when are you going to Disneyworld? I am going the 27th to Jan 1...wouldn't that be fun if we saw eachother there!!!

Anonymous said...

We're going to Disneyworld for Christmas too. We're there the 21st-28th. Maybe we'll see you there :)


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath