Sunday, December 5, 2010

O Christmas Tree

Since we have a little more room now in our house, and growing up we could never have a real tree because my brother was allergic to them, we decided we needed a live tree this year. I found this great tree farm where you can cut down your own tree. It was so much fun. When we pulled in and I saw all the people, Santa, and the trees, I felt giddy!
The kids got to meet Santa. Surprisingly, they walked right up to him and talked to him and told him what they want for Christmas. Even Bennett was not afraid. He was a nice, jolly Santa.



The atmosphere at this farm was like the places you see in the Christmas movies. They had horses, goats, llamas, and even a reindeer (actually it was just a white tail deer) the kids could pet.


It was so much fun trying to find a tree. I think we found the perfect one! I'll post pictures later when I get lights on it and maybe a star.










Bryan's mom and dad came for the weekend. It was great to have them along with us for this fun outing. I love visitors!



Bennett was trying to figure out what Bryan was doing under the tree. When we got home and got the tree set up, Benny laid under the tree on his back to check things out- just like Daddy!



Chloe was a good helper and held the tree up with Grandpa Ferald.



I wanted a cute picturesque photo of the kids by all the trees. This was the best I could get. Chloe forcing a smile, Bennett just wanted to wander on his own and Niah is trying to be a big helper. :)





I definitely caught the Christmas spirit yesterday. I loved spending time with Bryan's parents and also with my cute family. I think this will be a day I will remember for a long time.






4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a fun day. I'm glad you found such a fun family Christmas tradition in Indiana. It makes me wish we moved there! Bennett is getting so BIG! He's super cute.

Carrie said...

Natalie, I almost cried looking at your pictures. You really have an eye for catching sweet moments. What a darling day. Thanks for sharing. Love you guys.

Sara Jane said...

That looks like so much fun!

Heather and Ben said...

You seriously have the cutest family Nat!!

We miss you guys!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath