Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday









Our Easter was a pleasant one. The sun was shining and spring is in full bloom! This year, I really tried to focus on the Savior and the resurrection. I am so grateful for all he went through for me. My heart was full of gratitude yesterday.



The kids had been having egg hunts all week in the backyard and in the house, so when the real thing came it was no big deal. Benny had lots of practice so he knew just what to do when he saw those eggs! Chloe found a golf caddy by her basket.

Niah found one of these. I'm not sure you call it- a hopster or something. We have yet to figure it out!


Bennett got his very own t-ball set. Boy, does he love it! I'm sure something will get broken by the ball soon. Maybe the rain could stop so he can play outside?!




The kids looked adorable in their Easter outfits. The girls picked out their own dresses this year. I tried to get them to match, but they would not have it. They take after their mother. I hate matching with other people. I'm not sure why I expect them to like it!












I had this vision of going to a big field somewhere, having a picnic, and taking pictures of the kids all dressed up. It was supposed to be rainy, so I just accepted the fact that it wasn't going to happen. But, after church the sun was out and it was perfect for pictures. We had changed plans and were invited to dinner by some friends in the ward so we decided to stop on the way and have a fake picnic.
I told the kids they got to be actresses and pretend to have picnic. I think they were excited about that!





















































I love my kiddos. When I look at those pictures I am overwhelmed with love for all of them! I am one lucky mom to have such darling, well behaved, healthy, happy children!






Easter was a success, I think. It's hard being away from family on holidays, but we are excited to go spend a week with them. It's been way to long since we've been home to Utah. We are counting down the hours.




























4 comments:

Sara Jane said...

The pictures of the kids turned out darling. I'm glad you had a good Easter.

Connor and Jana said...

The pictures of you kids are so cute!! You have such a talent for that.

Stephanie said...

I love your Easter Pictures. I can't believe how green and pretty it is there already.

Heather and Ben said...

Seriously Nat?? Those pictures are so cute! I love the fake picnic idea. So funny!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath