Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Desk

It must be the time of year, but for some reason I get in the mood to do some projects! Last week I went to the thrift store and found a plain wood table. We have been in need of a new desk, so I thought why not turn this into our desk?! I forgot to take a before picture, but just picture a boring wood table.


Here is the finished product...

I sanded and stained the whole table a dark walnut color. Then I painted just the legs white. After it was dry, I got the power sander (I love that thing) and distressed it a bit to make it look old. I am really happy with the way it turned out! I can't wait to get it down in the office and see what it looks like. I have also painted the office so I will post some pictures when I get it all done. I'm kind of addicted to refinishing things and making them new again. It's really fun!



3 comments:

melforbes said...

Nice job on the table Nat. Fun and great idea.
Pops

miquelle and cody said...

The table looks great! I see all these things that people redo and it makes me want to do it too! :)

AnnDeO said...

A round of applause for you on the table. I have so many projects I think of but never finish. Props to you.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath