Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Notre Dame Baseball

Niah has been playing sooo much softball! She loves it and never complains. She really looks forward to games and even practices. She has made lots of new friends. This past Saturday the league that she plays for had what they call a 'Day at the Eck'. (that's the name of the stadium) We got to go watch Notre Dame's baseball team play. It was so much fun. There's nothing better than a day at the ball park.


The league drew names and the winners got to run out on the field with the players and stand by them for the National Anthem. Niah's name got drawn!! She got to run out with the short stop, Mick Doyle. As you can see she was very serious and nervous about the whole thing! She wouldn't smile at all for me.
Mick was nice and talked to her to help her feel less nervous. I wasn't sure if she would actually go out there or not.










She even got to join the team huttle before the game.








She got out there and was so brave! I think she had a lot of fun, but she wouldn't admit it.






I was trying to make her laugh and told her that maybe she would get to go out there with a cute boy! She smiled at that and when he bent down to give her a high five I think he won her heart! She came back with a big grin and was watching him the whole game.




I love baseball. Being at Niah's games reminds me of watching my brother play and my dad coach. Those were such fun times. It's weird that my daughter is old enough to play now. I didn't think that would happen so fast!














3 comments:

Carrie said...

WOW! What a fun day at the ballpark! Niah is so sweet. It's hilarious to see her being even the slightest bit introverted. So cute! You take amazing pictures Natalie, I love your posts.

AnnDeO said...

That is awesome... I'm glad she overcame her nervousness and went on out. I am cracking up at the little boy in the sunglasses in the team huddle photo.

Heather and Ben said...

How cute you caught the high-five on camera! Niah looks so old!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath