Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer and Trouble

Our summer is already moving quickly! Niah finished softball last night and had a great time playing. She learned a lot and made lots of new friends. She told me today that she already misses her team and coaches and can't wait to play again next year!




Niah finished Kindergarten with flying colors! Her teacher couldn't stop telling me how much she enjoyed Niah in her class and how much she was going to miss her. Niah was loved by her whole class. Every time I went in to help I giggled at how much her classmates loved her. It's not surprising though. Niah has such a sweet personality and is kind to everyone.





It's hard for me to believe that I will have a 1st grader. I remember being in 1st grade so well. It seems like it wasn't that long ago so I am in shock that I have a daughter that old!







We have also been dealing with some trouble makers lately! Mabel is in her terrible two phase right now and is testing us. While out in the backyard, Bryan discovered that she had chewed almost completely through the air conditioning cord. We had to call a fix-it man in our ward to come and take care of that for us so our A/C would work. Every backyard toy of the kids' has been chewed on at least a little bit. They don't seem to be too attached to anything so it hasn't been that catastrophic, yet! We had Mabel spayed on Monday so now we have to keep her mellow and dry so her scar can heal. That's a trick, especially with kids and rain! We love Mabel anyway. She really is a good dog. She is weighing in at 34.6 lbs. and is six months old now.
Her hair is slowly growing back in from her episode last month!






We have another child that's going through a terrible two phase too! He has been a perfect child from the day he was born, but now his mischievious side is coming out. He has learned to hit, say 'no', spit on his sisters and mother, and if he doesn't like his food he throws it all over the place.


That stuff on the floor is a PB&J sandwich torn into little pieces and chucked all over! I don't think he got any in his mouth.





The other day I came downstairs after fixing my hair and this is what I saw. Benny had on one of the girls tutus and a headband. What can you expect when he has two older sisters who love to dress up?!! This will be great for the yearbook when he graduates highschool. :)





Even though Bennett has had his moments recently, he is still the happiest kid. He just goes with the flow. He loves to give hugs and kisses. He is OBSESSED with baseball. He loves watching Niah's games and watching it on TV with Daddy. He is really into his hat right now and usually has it on his head. Benny is talking up a storm these days and can even sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." He loves that song so much I'm thinking about putting it up on his wall with vinyl as part of his baseball room. We love our little man. I can't believe he will be two in a few weeks.







I love summer time. I love watching the kids try to catch lightning bugs. I love that we can stay up and play outside without having to worry about getting the kids in bed. I especially love that my kids have been sleeping until 8:30 or 9:00 every morning! Sometimes I sleep in with them or sometimes I get up early and exercise or get a few things done around the house. I had a goal of going to the beach at least once a week during the summer, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. We have had so much rain. I usually like the rain in summer, but it's kind of getting old now!


I am really loving my kids and just trying to enjoy them. They are in the best phases of life right now, in my opinion. I admit somedays they drive me crazy (I won't go into detail about the meltdown I had this morning), but I know that I will miss this when they get older and they don't think I'm cool anymore. I love being a mom and feel so blessed to have that privilege!














2 comments:

miquelle and cody said...

It is crazy how fast these little kids are growing up! I don't feel like we are old enough to have kids in the 1st grade either!

Let's plan a get together...my kids still talk about going to your house. :)

Unknown said...

Holy cow, Colin is so tall in that class picture! I knew he was a tall kid, but didn't realize how much he dwarfed everyone else.

Sorry about Mabel being a troublemaker. We should let her and Disco play. Maybe they could focus on each other and stay out of trouble together!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath