Thursday, July 14, 2011

Independence Day

Our 4th of July was really fun this year! We kicked off the weekend by going to a rodeo at the county fair. The kids had a blast and got all dolled up in their cowboy gear. The kids LOVED the rodeo. Chloe was especially fascinated, especially with the girls doing the barrel racing. We might have a future cowgirl on our hands!











Niah and Chloe rode a couple of rides. Bennett was too short to ride, he didn't seem to mind though. He was just happy watching the girls.









Bryan had the 4th off! We took the kids mini golfing and Bryan and I braved the batting cages!





















That night we had some friends over from the ward to do fireworks with us. If you ask the kids what they liked more, snowcones or fireworks, I think it would be a toss up!






















I think this holiday will be one that we will remember. I just finished a book called Unbroken. It is a story set in World War II and it really made me realize how much people have suffered for our country and freedoms. I was especially grateful for those who have fought for and defended the country we live in! We are so blessed to be Americans!





(Does anyone know how to solve the space problem that my blog is giving me? I don't know why my pictures end up being so spread apart.)























6 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

Cute cute pictures!! Looks like you guys had so much fun. Love you. Can't wait to see you really soon.

Jen said...

Mine is doing that too and it is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! I try to go into the edit html part and delete all the spaces: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Let me know if you figure it out! Looks like you guys had a great 4th.

AnnDeO said...

I want those pink cowboy boots - the girls look adorable. What a fun holiday! Batting cages - I haven't done that for decades. Continue to have a fun summer.

Carrie said...

What a fun mom you are! I wish you could post about your holidays a couple of weeks before so I could plan better and copy you. You're children will have such sweet memories but it's obvious you put in a lot of work and planning. Bravo Nat! And good job for going along Bryan:) And where did you get that awesome string of lights? Super 'anytown USA' Loved your photos and thoughts as always.

Jen said...

Love the pics of Mable. You will find as she gets older, she will mellow out and become the best pillow in the world for the kids. The pics of Chloe at the rodeo remind me of me when I was little and would tag along with Grandpa Edison. He was the one that got me hooked on the horses.

Lauren said...

You have the cutest little family Nat. I really hope we can all get together someday!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath