Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Repurposing

This past weekend, Bryan and I were really in the mood to fix up our family room a bit. Everything is brown and boring and just not put together. It has been bugging me soooo bad! So, we headed out to the thrift store and found this beauty. Okay, well not a beauty yet, but just wait. We used paint we had on hand and gave this table a makeover.





Here it is after being sanded down.
And tada! Here is the finished product. We are going to use it as a side table to go with the new couches we just got. I eventually want to paint the walls a light turquoise color and add red and yellow accents. This is just holding me over until Bryan can start moonlighting, then we can splurge some more!
Total cost- $20.00. Total time for project- 3 hours. The next project was this desk that Bryan found on the side of the road- for FREE!! It was in rough shape, but with some sanding, wiping, wood glue, and a paint job it's as good as new!
Here is the after! It would be perfect for a little girls room or college student, I think. Total time for this makeover 4 hours. (Including paint drying time!) Total cost- $0. We used what we had around! I love how it turned out. I'm going to sale it and see if we can actually make money off of it!
I am in the mood to buy a whole bunch of things and fix them up. It really isn't hard and it would be a great job for making a little extra money for my decorating fantasies I have in my head! This probably won't be the last of the makeovers!

5 comments:

Emilee said...

Good work! I love these before and afters. You did a fantastic job.

Sara Jane said...

I love your projects and that is so fun that you enjoy it. You'll have to take pics of your family room when it's all done.

AnnDeO said...

The red is just too perfect... and you know I would love that bright color scheme you're planning. Good work.

Bryan and Christy Clark said...

i love it!! i love seeing before and after pictures. Someday (i say that a lot) when we have space for stuff I would love to repurpose things!

Carrie said...

Makeovers are the best! I love the red side table especially but the desk is just too cute! Way to see the hidden potential huh?


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath