Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Niah Turns Seven

My baby turned seven on Saturday!! I can't believe Niah is that old. I am really weirded out by it, actually. She had a great birthday. She had been saying for months that she wanted a Justin Bieber birthday party. Bryan and I weren't real excited about that idea, so I talked her into a rainbow party. She was happy with that so we went with it! She helped me plan everything- except the details of her dance party that she requested. It was such a fun party to throw! I love planning and throwing parties! I probably got a little carried away, but I usually do. Bryan told me I was 'intense'! Ha. The rainbow cake was probably my favorite. It was so fun to eat and the kids got so excited when I cut into it and they saw the colors.
Here's the dance party. This is the part I kept secret from Niah. She left the house for a couple of hours with Bryan. When she came home I had transformed our family room into a disco dance room! I covered the windows with tinfoil and hung up sheets to block out the light. I bought a disco ball to hang from the fan and there were flashlights shining on it to make it sparkle. Before the girls could go in to dance they had to give me a ticket that they won from a game we played. And yes, they danced to some Justin Bieber music!!
Niah invited some of her cute friends from school and one from church. They had a blast together!

I set up a photo booth so we could take some fun, silly pictures of the kids. They turned out great! I think I will print them off and give them to the girls as a thank you card for coming to the party.















Niah said it was the best birthday ever!
Niah brings so much joy to our family. She is at a fun age. Very independent, smart, knows what she likes and doesn't like, is friendly, caring, thoughtful, and very aware of what's going on around her. She is growing up. I don't like it! She's hit a growth spurt recently and every time she puts on her school pants after I wash them they are another inch shorter- I swear! Stop it Niah! I love Niah so much and am so glad to be her mom.
Love you Ni!


Not sure why it posted so funky. I can't figure it out. Oh well.

4 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

ahhhh nat that party looks amazing!!!!
i love every thing about it. the cake, and the photo booth idea was awesome!!! you are the best mom, and i bet niah felt so loved with all you did for her:) i love ya so much.

Kaitlan said...

nat that party looks like it was so much fun!!! you are so creative. I bet the kids had a blast. you are such a cute mom, i hope i am like that someday. love you nat!

Sara Jane said...

Your party looks so fun. I love the cake to. I bet it was fun to eat.

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the photo booth pictures. They turned out so so cute. Good job Nat!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath