Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chloe's First Tooth

Chloe's first tooth finally fell out last week! She waited so long for that to happen! It was quite the experience for her. She came downstairs Thursday morning and said, "Mom, my tooth is really loose. Will you pull it out?" I, of course, said yes. (Keep in mind that Niah was supposed to leave for the bus in about three minutes or so.) So, she got some tissue and I yanked on it. Chloe jumped back a little when I pulled so I didn't get it out. It was just hanging there. It started to bleed but she wouldn't let me touch it again. I'm not sure it was what she expected- I don't think she thought it would hurt at all but it did a little. She ran upstairs to look in her bathroom mirror. I ran up to tell her that I was going to take Niah to the bus and I would be back to finish the job of pulling out her tooth. I noticed that she was not acting normal. She kind of started panicking and bouncing around on her feet. Weird. She wouldn't hold still. She walked into her room and started walking crookedly (is that a word?) and then fell on her hands and knees. By this point I kind of figured out what was going on. I picked her up and cradled her saying, "Chloe, Chloe, are you okay?" Her eyes rolled back into her head and her eyes closed. She had PASSED OUT! She was as white as a ghost! She kind of came to and said, "Mom, I don't feel good." Meanwhile, it's about two or three minutes past when we usually leave for the bus so I scooped her up and carried her to the bus stop while she was half conscious. Niah had to run for the bus- poor thing- she was so worried about Chloe. I yelled to Niah, "Run Niah! There's your bus! Chloe will be fine!" Bennett was walking down the road with his blankie wrapped around him and no shoes. I'm sure we were a sight! Eventually, Chloe was fine and back to normal. It took her a few hours to let me get the tooth out, but when it came out she was so happy!

Chloe likes to make sure that everyone sees that her tooth is missing. She keeps that jaw stuck out with pride! I'm glad we now know that she does not handle blood well. We'll have to keep an eye on her. I don't think she'll be following her dad's doctor footsteps! She looks so big with her missing tooth. It changes her whole look. I think we will all remember Chloe's 'first tooth' story. It was pretty hilarious but a little scary at the same time!

5 comments:

Aaron & Nancy said...

Madelyn came home from school today telling me all about Chloe's missing tooth. It's a pretty big deal to have a missing tooth in pre-school. That is one crazy tooth story!

Nikki said...

Sorry she passed out, but that is a story everyone will remember! Congrats Chloe!!!

House of Houghtons said...

Oh sweet Chloe! I love that story. She does look like a big girl

miquelle and cody said...

You gotta love mornings like that!

Stephanie said...

Love the story. Glad it's recorded somewhere as it will be fun to retell it in future days when your kids get older. Your too nice, I would've taken advantage, and pulled the tooth while Chloe was unconscious.

Why does everything happen in the last two or three minutes before your are supposed to be somewhere?


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath