Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day of School

Well, it came. The first day of school is here!
 The girls were so excited, especially Chloe. She has been waiting and waiting to go to Kindergarten! The morning went well, for the most part. Niah gets so nervous for new things. She was sick to her stomach and couldn't eat breakfast. She cried from the minute we left the house (including her whole bus ride) to the minute I said goodbye to her at the school. I felt so bad for her. I wish I could take her anxieties away for her. I know she'll do great though and she will be excited to go back tomorrow. She looks so big in her collared shirt and curly hair. What happened to my baby?!


Chloe was so hyper this morning. She was ready in about 20 minutes with her backpack on and everything. She knew Niah was nervous so she told me, "Mom, don't worry, I'll keep Niah brave." She hopped right on the bus and went right into her classroom. I think she was bugged that I hung around for a bit to make sure she was okay! She was so happy to be at school. I can't believe she is in Kindergarten. Crazy.


Here's Niah getting ready to go into her classroom. She's putting on a smile for the camera, but you can tell she had red, puffy eyes from crying. As we walked down the hall, teachers could tell she was upset and nervous. So many of them came up to her and gave her a hug and told her they were happy to see her. I was so impressed! That's a huge reason that I love their school. I know Niah will be well taken care of today. 

I guarantee Chloe is thinking inside, "Geez Mom, could you put the camera away and leave already?!" She's too cute.
 
 
Benny misses his sisters today. I asked him what he wanted to do today while the girls were at school and his answer was, "go to Target and play cars together!" So, that's what we did and he's been loving the one on one time. It's really weird to have only one kid at home. I'm going to spoil Benny until the baby comes while I have him all to myself! I'm so proud of my girls for being brave and being such good students. I know they will rock 2nd grade and Kindergarten! 

2 comments:

Jen said...

The girls look so adorable in their uniforms. It is going to be so strange for me now that all the boys will be in school. Dylan is excited for Kindergarten and I am even more excited for him. Niah sounds like me when I went to school - I always cried and gave Grandma Saundra something to worry about. I think she thought I would never get through an entire day of elementary. That's how your mom bribed be with a cat and I got a new kitten - you will have to ask her about it.

AnnDeO said...

The girls look so professional. Nervous excitement... give them all hugs... one for mom too.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath