Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome 2008!!

I am so amazed at how fast the last year flew by. It seems like we were just celebrating New Year's and welcoming 2007. New Years was pretty uneventful for our family. There's not a lot to do on New Years when you have little kids. We went to our friends', the Randalls, house and played Scattergories while the kids played and at 8:30 all the kids had had it. So, we went home and put the kids to bed. Chloe woke up at about 11:00 and was ready to go- I guess she wanted to see the ball drop for her first time! 2007 was a great year for our family. Here are a few highlights:
- We welcomed Chloe Nan into our family on February 24th. Everything went well and we are so happy to have her in our family.
- My sister and her husband had their first baby, Preslee Kae. Her and Chloe are nine days apart and will probably be best friends when they are older.
- Summer in Vermont is my favorite time of year here. We went to Lake Champlain quite a bit and played on the beach. Niah could play there for hours without making a peep!
- We took a little family vacation to Ogunquit, Maine. A few of our friends went with us and it was so much fun.
- Niah learned how to ride a bike. She is a natural at it!
- We went home to Utah to visit family and it was great.
- Bryan started his 2nd year of med school and is still loving it. He is a very good student and is getting ready for the boards coming up in February.
- We spent our first Christmas as our own little family. We started many traditions that will hopefully, continue for many years.
- Bryan and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on December 27th. Time flies when you are having fun!
There are many things to be grateful for right now. On New Years I often find myself reflecting on the things that mean the most to me and what I want to accomplish in the new year. I am grateful for my family and that we are all doing well. We have been very blessed! I am looking forward to seeing what happens in life in 2008!!

1 comment:

Tamara Jacobs said...

I LOVE your list too!!! I was laughing at how Chloe woke up at 11 to watch the ball drop!...cute girl. I am counting down till you get here. Love ya!!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath