Saturday, January 26, 2008

Welcome Home Colin!

Well, my brother Colin came home! The airport was so exciting and after being delayed for three hours he finally made it. I thought my mom and dad were going to die of anticipation!! He looks great and served an awesome mission. It has been really fun hanging out with him. Niah and Chloe love their Uncle Colin to death. Niah was a little shy at first but now she won't leave him alone. I had an exciting thing happen at the airport... the Sundance Film Festival is going on in Utah right now so my aunt had her eyes peeled for famous people. After Colin came down the escalator my Aunt Mindi pointed discreetly and said, "Nat, Sherri, look who it is!" We looked and John Stamos was standing right there by us!! My Aunt Sherri wanted to take a picture of him so he said, "Sure come on over. Does anyone else want a picture?" So, I just scooted right over for the picture and it turned out great! The picture is on my mom's camera because mine wouldn't work that day so I need to download it still. I love seeing famous people! It's so exciting. Here are just a few pictures from our week. Chloe and her cousin Preslee in matching jammies. (They are only 9 days apart!)
Chloe and Preslee with their Aunt Kaitie Bug.
Waiting for Elder Forbes to come down the escalator... it seemed to take him forever to get off his plane!
There he is!! Doesn't he look happy?!
We took Colin shopping a couple of days after he got home. He wasn't so sure about the mall and spending money. My mom and I had to sneak a few things to the register because he wouldn't pick very many things out! I think he felt a little out of place right after he got home... he is adjusting though. We are so glad you are home Elder Forbes! We love you!


2 comments:

Erica said...

It sounds like you are having a great time! I can't believe you saw John Stamos... he is so cute! I can't wait to see that picture. Gavin says everyday that Niah is on the airplane to go see her grandpa... he's pretty jealous, and every plane he sees he waves to it and says "hi Niah". We miss you guys and can't wait to see you, unfortunately we still have the month of Feb! Have fun with your family!!!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you are having such a great time! Your post makes me excited for my brother to come home (in August)! Clayton misses Niah too. He thinks we are still going to her birthday party every time we head in the direction of the fort. I hope Chloe feels better soon!

I also want to see the pic of John Stamos! I am so jealous of that!!!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath