Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Day

This year, we decided that the Easter Bunny would come on Saturday so that Sunday morning wasn't spent running around getting ready for church. The girls woke up Saturday to find a jelly bean trail from their room to their baskets. Chloe didn't care about her basket or the hiding eggs, she just ate the beans as she went! Niah got a princess camera, some rain boots for mud season, a baseball glove with a velcro ball so she can learn to play catch, and some shorts for the summer. Chloe got a Tinkerbell camera, some binkis, and a new summer outfit. The girls had fun finding all of the hidden eggs. Friday night at 11:00 I realized that I didn't have a new tape for our video camera. I was really stressed about not having 'Easter morning' on tape. I layed in bed for a while and couldn't sleep because of it, so I got up and decided to go to the grocery store to buy some tapes. Bryan had already fallen asleep so I woke him and told him I was leaving. He acknowledged me so I thought he would take care of the girls if they woke up. The next morning Bryan woke me up early and said, "Do you want me to go buy some tapes before the girls wake up?" I told him I already did and he said, "When?" He didn't remember anything so I'm glad the girls didn't wake up or they would have been all alone!! (I'm not sure that story is that important but I threw it in anyway!) Chloe had a fever but she was happy and having fun with her eggs and baskets.
Instead of taking pictures of the girls in their cute Easter dresses, I took pictures of them laying on the couch sick. Yep, Niah came down with a fever Saturday afternoon and Chloe still had her fever. Needless to say, our Easter didn't turn out as planned. Bryan stayed home with the sick girls while I went to church alone. I have never been to church alone in my life- it was really weird!! We spent Easter watching movies and laying around with the girls. We all had cabin fever at the end of the day so we went on a drive. It was a pretty uneventful day for the Masons.
Bryan was a very good dad and took good care of the girls all day long. Chloe wanted him more than me yesterday, which never happens!! B is such a great daddy and husband.
In this picture Chloe was trying to tell me she needed more juice. All she would eat was juice and jelly beans!
We hope everyone had a great Easter.

6 comments:

melforbes said...

Nat,
love the new stuff. THanks for keeping us updated. THe pictures and all are great. I love it! Love the Easter pictures and stories. Keep it goin.
Love ya, Dad

Erica said...

It's a good thing the Easter bunny came on Saturday instead of Sunday! That was so sad to see you at church by yourself. Hopefully your girls are feeling better. That is the saddest picture of them on the couch. How sad to be sick on Easter!

Tamara Jacobs said...

Oh those pictures are so cute! Sorry your girls got sick...that stinks big time! I love the story about you going to the store and Bryan not remembering...sounds like something Todd would do! HA! That's cute that the easter bunny left a trail of jelly beans to their baskets! Hope your girls get feeling better. Love ya!
tam

Unknown said...

It stinks that Chloe was sick, but it sounds like you had a great Easter anyway! Niah is so cute with that camera! What a lucky girl to get such a great present!

Vanessa said...

Your girls are growing up so much, and I've only been around them a few times..but they are so cute!

miquelle and cody said...

I noticed you by yourself Sunday, sad! I love the picture of the girls on the couch!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath