Thursday, March 6, 2008

To Exercise or Not to Exercise...

So, I have been having a really hard time getting motivated to exercise. It's extremely hard for me to make myself workout, I don't know why exactly. I love the feeling after I workout, I am much happier about life when I exercise, and it's just a good habit to get into- so why is it so hard for me to do?! I have been this way my whole life. I have a t-shirt that says "'Every time I feel the urge to exercise, I lie down until it goes away!' -Mark Twain" That saying fits me and my attitude about exercise perfectly! This morning when I woke up I decided I needed something to look at every day that will give me the motivation I need. I made a sign on my computer to hang on my mirror. Here's what it looks like:
This...
or this?!
I hung this on my mirror and it actually worked- for today at least! (I tried to find a picture that wasn't too Victoria's Secretish!) We'll see what happens the next few days! Hopefully it will help me get out of the huge rut that I am in!

8 comments:

miquelle and cody said...

I am the same way Nat! That picture is so gross! If it ever warms up around here we will have to go walking or something!
Miq

Erica said...

That is one of the nastiest pictures I have ever seen! Who wouldn't that motivate?!? I'm feeling gross just looking at it.

AnnDeO said...

Nat,
Love the pictures! Hey, there is a woman here at the conference who is from Burlington. She says it only takes two hours to drive to Montreal from here. You should definitely come - they say Montreal is gorgeous in the summer. It is just like a European city. You would love it.

Unknown said...

Yikes! That pic is really gross! Maybe I need to borrow it to hang on my fridge! Do they have one like that of a group of men? Maybe I could motivate Justin to work out with me! (...hee hee...)

Tamara Jacobs said...

ha! I love the pictures...definitely a good motivator! I'm feeling like the mark twain quote bigtime lately. Those pictures do help though:) Love ya!

Melissa said...

Natalie this is how I feel as well. Thanks for the modivation to pick up the pace!

Kaitlan said...

haha thats awesome!! that should keep you motivated!! :) Not like you need it though~!

Kell said...

So that's a really gross picture, but very motivating. I'd say I'm motivated myself. It's a good thing I have drill or else I'd probably look like that. :)
So I've been watching Friends all day and it has made me miss you, as well as put me in a really witty mood. I just watched the one where Rachel has her baby. Ha! Funny. ANYWAY... I love ya sista! :)


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath