Monday, October 13, 2008

Cute Girlies

A couple of months ago (I know I'm slow at posting these!) I borrowed a friends fancy camera and took some pictures of my girls. My goal was to get some cute pictures of Chloe at eighteen months but she did not cooperate! Niah did really great though, she is fun to take pictures of because she gets really into it. I am, by no means, a professional, but it was fun and here are some of my favorites!


This is the best one I got of Chloe, she was being a stinker. She was mad that I made her wear her cowboy boots and not her sandals like Niah.

This is the best one I got of them together, not real cute Chlo!
Miss Photogenic...

I took this one just while hanging out at home. I think it's pretty cute. I can't remember what we were making...So, there you go. I have a new desire to learn to take really good pictures, to become a photographer. My Christmas list consists of a new Digital SLR camera with a fancy lens, photography lessons, a new computer that has photoshop and is made for storing and doing fun things with pictures! (YA RIGHT! in a dream world maybe! haha.) But seriously, I would love to learn to take nice, professional looking pictures so that I could take pictures and offer really cheap photos/packages to families that can't afford to get them done- like us!

Anyway, this is a random post but I think my girls are so cute!!

10 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

Cute pictures Nat! That's funny because I've been telling Todd that I would LOVE a nice camera and photoshop. But like you said, maybe in a dream world:) Let's keep our eyes out for good deals, you never know right? Maybe Black Friday will have some good camera deals? My favorite pic of the girls is that last one. That's a framer for sure! Love ya! I'll call ya today. Sorry I missed ya last night.

Kell said...

Nat! Those are so cute! You should be a profesh photog! (I like to abbreviate my words now...) The girls look so big! And Niah is a spitting image of you when you were little. They are so cute I can't get over it. I'm still working on getting you some pictures, my email is retarded so it's taking a while. Gr. But I'll get them to you asap. I love ya Nat! I'm calling you soon because I forgot to on Friday... woops. Love ya!

miquelle and cody said...

Super cute pictures! I love the first one of Niah and her hat! I would love a fancy camera and computer and program to--maybe some day....for our grandkids! haha!

Erica said...

Way cute pictures Nat! Niah is really photogenic. I agree with Miquelle, the first picture of her with her hat is darling.
Put us down as your first family to experiment on with pictures when you get your camera! :)

Sara Jane said...

I totally want a camera for Christmas as well. I have been blog stalking scenesfromthewild.blogspot.com. check out her pics. she is self taught. The most recents pictures are taken with her new $1,000 lens, but go back a few months and her pictures are still good. THe amazing thing is that her digital SLR is just a canon rebel xt (about 300 bucks). They just came out with an XS model for about $377. This is just for the camera body. A lot of people recommend a 50 mm 1.8 f lens that runs about 100 bucks (scenes from wild used this lens prior to her new one).

I want to be able to have some fun pictures of my family as well and it would be fun to get my hands on a camera.

If you do have a good point and shoot--check out the manual. You can take some pretty good pics with one. Pioneerwomancooks.com has a photography section and someone has been doing lessons with a point and shoot. Pretty amazing with what she does with her camera. I was bummed to find out my point and shoot has no manual settings at all and not a lot of options on it.

Sorry for the novel. I should just email you.
Hope you are having a good day!

AnnDeO said...

Nat,
The pictures are so adorable. I think I can probably get you photoshop at a reasonable rate. Let me know.

melforbes said...

Love the pictures! The girls are so cute and even the one with Chloe mad will be a fun keepsake one day. Sara had some great tips on a camera. Love, mom

Kaija said...

Way cute Nat!
I miss ya! I might need to come visit Vermont someday!

Beard Family said...

Those pictures are so cute - you're girls are so photogenic! I'm into photography too. I guess one nice thing about waiting to have kids is that Curtis spoiled me with camera stuff every Christmas! That will change this year:) Anyway, I have a photo blog if you want to check it out - camrinbeardphotography.blogspot.com

Maren said...

That picture of Chloe crying and sitting with Niah is a classic. Your girls are so pretty.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath