Monday, October 6, 2008

Visit from Grams and Gramps!

We were lucky enough to have a visit from my mom and dad this past weekend. It was so good to have them here and the girls loved all of the attention. We did lots of fun, fall things! Niah had to take them apple picking. It was freezing cold but it was worth it! We went to eat at the Skinny Pancake, it was very yummy and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't been there. Niah took my mom and dad to the toy store too. She got a Diamond Castle Barbie doll that she hasn't put down since she got it. Chloe got some new blocks and she loves them. We also went to Bryan's flag football game- he dislocated his birdie finger while making an interception! Way to 'take one for the team' B!!


We drove to Middlebury to see the leaves and to also see something new. It was really pretty down there and Middlebury is a quaint little Vermont town. We visited a quilt museum, looked in some of the cool shops, and ate lunch at a really great deli.

Here we are at the apple orchard.




On Saturday, we went to the Sam Mazza Harvest Festival. We took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and the girls had fun picking out their pumpkins. The cider donuts were delicious and we had a lot of fun!


Thanks Mom and Dad for coming to visit. We had a great time and wish you could have stayed longer! Thanks for spoiling us and for being such great parents and grandparents. We love you!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It's always fun to have parents come visit! It sounds like you guys did a lot of fun things while they were here. You certainly gave me a lot of ideas of things I want to do now!

Sara said...

Looks like lots of fun! I'm glad your parents could come out and spend time with you guys. It must be hard to live away from family, but it's good you can visit so much! :-)

Tamara Jacobs said...

looks like you guys had way fun! I think apple picking looks fun:) talk to you soon! Love ya!

Sara Jane said...

That looks like fun. I always love visits from my parents. Hope Brian's finger is ok. Everyone looks so good!

melforbes said...

Thanks for posting the pictures! It really was such a fun adventure and it was so pretty there. I realized when I came back home just how colorful it is in Vermont and it is the perfect place to celebrate fall. I miss you guys as much as the nation, but I know you are where you should be and you are all doing great things! I'm so proud of you. Give my best buds forever hugs from Grams.
love, mom

Beth and Shilo said...

Nat I haven't left you a comment forever! But I do check up on you. Does that sound kinda creepy or what??

Anyway how fun to have your mom and dad come visit. I have always loved your mom and dad. I bet they are the BEST Grandma and Grandpa. The house they are building, are they moving or is it a vacation/cabin house??

Oh and I love Niah hat in that last picture. Soo Cute!!

Beard Family said...

Your little girls are so cute! I was excited to see your comment on my blog. I'm happy you are doing so well. Keep in touch!

Cami

Deanna said...

So how cold is it up there? We're still in the mid 80s (sorry, don't mean to make you jealous - i am jealous of your beautiful fall colors!)!

Anonymous said...

ya! i would love to do that! send those picture to my email! cant wait! shay


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath