Sunday, October 26, 2008

Random Happenings

We had a busy week with lots going on. Niah had her second visit to the dentist. The first one didn't go well but she did really great at this one! She actually let the dentist clean and count her teeth. Chloe had to be a part of the action, so this picture shows just how we all sat during Niah's check-up! I am happy and relieved to report that Niah has no cavities! Wahoo! My friend Erica and I planned a little Halloween party for the kids that go to playgroup every week. We had a couple of crafts, food, a game- kind of like a cat walk- and our friend Carrie did a wonderful job of reading the kids a few Halloween stories. Erica and I made these 'witch-on-a-stick' treats that I found in a magazine. They turned out super cute so I had to show them off!
Bryan played in the Intramural Flag-Football Championship game on Thursday. Even though it was 32 degrees-freezing!- we went to support him. They won and had an undefeated season! Going to the games was really fun and the girls looked forward to going every week. Niah is sad that we won't be going to anymore games.

The pictures I tried to take did not work because it was too dark outside. This is the best one I got of the team in their huddle. You can barely see Bryan's head- he's wearing a BYU beanie.

When my mom came to visit she brought me some new books to read. It's a series written by Anita Stansfield called the Barrington Family Saga. There are four books in the series. I started them last Sunday and finished the last one tonight, that's four books in a week. Needless to say, I have neglected my household chores for a week and will be catching up tomorrow! They are so good!!! I have always loved Anita Stansfield's books. This one tells the story of a family who moves from England to America right around the time that the Mormons are being persecuted and pushed west. It's a great story and I wish there were more books in the series. If you want a good read then here it is!

On Saturday, Niah and I went and saw High School Musical 3 while Bryan took Chloe with him to the school to watch the BYU game. I have to admit that I actually LOVED this movie! It was really cute and I think it's the best HSM yet. The music was awesome and the dancing was great too! Niah loved it, as much as she loves the first two movies. It's also very nice to be able to take Niah to a movie and not have to worry about the content, other than Troy and Gabriella sharing a few juicy kisses! You should go see it!

I know this is a random post, but a lot went on this week. Oh, and thanks to Shaylie (Bryan's sister) for making my blog look so spooky cute!

3 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

FUn NAt! Looks like you guys have been keeping busy:) I LOVE those books! I am on the third one. I read the first one a year ago and then Jill mailed me the 2,3,and 4th ones! So I've got to finish the series. Glad you loved them too!! I really want to see HSM:) Maybe I'll try taking Preslee to it:) love you!

Kaitlan said...

Hi Nat!! How are you? I havent talked to you for a while. I miss you guys so much! I cant wait til you come here! The Cabin is going to be so fun with you guys! Love you Nat! :) talk to you soon!

Erica said...

Gavin is pretty sad about the games being over too... I actually am also, they are so fun to go to. But that last one was a little too cold! I love the dentist picture! How funny that all three of you were in the chair together, that is really cute.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath