Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun

We had a great Halloween! We started the week off by decorating pumpkins. Niah wanted a Sleeping Beauty pumpkin so she found some pumpkin stencils online, yes Niah found them!, and Bryan went to work. It's hard to see in this photo but it looks really good! We decorated some sugar cookies. The girls enjoyed the frosting more than the actual cookies!Last night, we went to our ward Halloween party. It was so much fun and the girls had a blast trick-or-treating around the church. Niah was a little shy and wouldn't say 'trick-or-treat' but by the end she warmed up a little. Chloe is our little sweet tooth so she was in heaven. Here's Ni with her friends at the party... Gracie, Niah, Georgie, Beth (the perfect Snow White), Brooke, Addi, and Grace.

Here's us at the party. The sign says it all when it comes to Bryan and me dressing up. Bryan isn't a huge Halloween fan- I have told him, and he will admit that he is a party pooper!



Here's Chloe eating a cupcake. I don't think she ate her dinner at all, she just wanted candy and treats!

Niah and her friend Addi.


Niah dressed up as Ericka from Barbie's Princess and the Pauper. She wanted her hair just like Ericka's so, I had to straighten her hair first to get all her natural curl under control so that she could have curls like this. She looked really pretty! I love fixing her hair- she doesn't let me do it fancy very often so I had fun!



Princess Ericka...


Our Little Angel girl...


Thursday night I had the crazy, last minute idea to turn one of our pumpkins into a witch for the girls. I worked on it for 2 1/2 hours and was up until midnight. I had a lot of fun and Bryan even helped me make the hat. I thought she turned out pretty cute- I'm not an artist so the face is kind of funny looking, oh well. I made up a Halloween story that night for Niah and the witch in the story was named Agatha. I set the pumpkin on the counter so the girls would see it when they woke up. I told Niah Friday morning that Agatha, the witch from our story came to visit her for Halloween. Well, both of the girls hated the witch and wouldn't go near it! I had to move it away from them while they ate breakfast and they haven't touched it since. I guess I'll know in the future that the girls don't like pumpkin witches! I also made them pancakes for breakfast and cut them out in Halloween shapes... the girls wouldn't eat them so I ended up giving them cereal. I was trying to be a fun, creative mom and it didn't go over well with the kids! I guess I'll try again next year.


Here's Agatha with a carrot nose, yarn for hair, and a hat made out of a cereal box. I think she's cute...


We had a fun Halloween. It's weird to think that it's already over. Now, on to the real fun holidays!!















9 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like lots of fun! Don't you just love it when you try to be creative and fun, and they just don't appreciate or like it?? Oh well! You girl's costumes looked great! So cute!

Tamara Jacobs said...

How FUN! I'm glad that you guys had a fun time! I love Niah's curly hair. And the witch pumpkin is AWESOME!!! Glad you had fun. love ya!

Annette said...

You ARE a fun, creative Mom! Your girls will look back later and appreciate how thoughtful you are. Those are great ideas... oh, and Scott & I loved your cookies. :)

Unknown said...

You guys are so creative. It looks like you had a great Halloween!

Kaitlan said...

Nat! Your girls are so stinkin cute! And I love your and bryans "costume" haha i think thats so funny! You are such a cute mom Nat! I hope I am as good of a mom like you and Tam. I love you guys!

Kaija said...

your pumpkin witch is darling and don't think otherwise!! You are such a cute and amazing mom! Glad you had a good Halloween! PS I love that Niah found the pumpkin stencil online! classic!

Beard Family said...

You are such a cute mom! I love your girls costumes. I can't believe how much Niah looks like you!

Amalie said...

i love pumpkin agatha, very cute!

AnnDeO said...

Our friend dresses up as a witch every halloween and when her children were young they wanted nothing to do with her.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath