Monday, November 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Pumpkin Crisp

So, my mother-in-law gave me these great Family Home Evening kits. Each one has some pictures to color and cut out and it has a story to go with the pictures. The best part is that each one comes with a recipe! I have been working on the Thanksgiving kit so that I can share it with my kids. Anyway, this recipe sounds really good. I think I will make it tonight for our FHE treat. I thought it was perfect for this time of year. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanksgiving Pumpkin Crisp:
1 large can pumpkin
3 eggs beaten
1 c. sugar
1 c. evaporated milk
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. all spice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cubes melted butter
Directions: In a large bowl mix together pumpkin, eggs, sugar, evaporated milk, salt, all spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour mixture into a greased 13x9 cake pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over entire top of mixture. Pour melted butter over cake. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
DELICIOUS!!!

2 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

mmmmm...that looks really good! I am going to try it for sure. Thanks for sharing!

Vanessa said...

Hey! This sounds like the dessert we had at a church training this past saturday! It's so delicious and RICH!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath