Thursday, November 6, 2008

Grandma Sally

Today is my Grandma Sally's birthday! She is such a great Grandma and I love her to death. I have so many memories of her. Here are some of my favorites...
- Sleeping over at her house and waking up to French Toast in the morning. (Maybe that's why French Toast is my favorite breakfast now!)
- Getting my back tickled before going to sleep.
- Building snow forts and having Easter egg hunts in her backyard.
- Watching musicals with her. She introduced me to Doris Day! She gave me the movie Calamity Jane when I was in third grade and it's so worn out that it almost doesn't work anymore! Doris Day reminds me of Grandma. I still remember going to see her in the play 'The Music Man'.
- I slept with the baby blanket (my 'horsey blanket') she made me when I was born until I got married. It's still up in my closet.
- After Bryan and I got married we would go hang out at her house in Provo and do our laundry. It was always fun to sit and visit with her.
- I remember the day they got home from their mission to Canada. I was so excited to see them!
- When I see pressed flowers I think of her, she was really good at that!
These are just a few, there are so many more. I will be here all night if I type all of my memories! She is a mother of six, grandmother of 23, and three, almost 4, great grandchildren. She has served two missions- Canada and Laos- and she knows how to love every body unconditionally. She is an awesome example to me. Hope you have a great day Grandma. Love you lots!

2 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

Ha! We wrote some of the exact same things:) I love Grandma Sally. I forgot she is the one that gave you Calamity Jane. Do you still watch that show? Does Niah like it? I want to get that movie. It reminds me of you:) love ya!

Kaija said...

That's a sweet tribute! She sounds amazing!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath