Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today I turned 26! I feel really old. I think it's the first birthday where I have actually felt older. I had a fun day. Bryan surprised me with a new couch, it will be here on Tuesday. I can't wait! I am so sick of sitting on the uncomfortable recliner chair. Those just don't work for short people like me. My mom and dad sent me a package with some money and a few other fun things that I love. My sister McKell, who is the NYC expert, put together her tips for traveling in the city. I am really excited about it and I'm sure it will come in handy. My sister Tam made me a cute apron. I can't wait to use it. It's red fabric with white polka dots and when Niah saw it she said, "Mom, now you will look like Minnie Mouse!" Thanks fam for the wonderful cards and presents. You are all so nice. Bryan and I went on a HOT date (haha) tonight and we saw Twilight. I went with low expectations because the movies are never as great as the books, but I have to say that it was really, really good. It follows the book pretty well and the actors did a good job, I think. Bryan even said it was pretty entertaining. I am still trying to get him to read the books- I'm not sure he'll go for it. Also, our friend Vanessa is a great photographer and about a month ago she offered to take family pictures for everyone. We got them back today and I am so happy with them! They turned out beautifully and I can't wait to hang them on my wall so I can look at them all the time. The girls look so pretty and grown up. Here are a few of my favorites. (I hope you don't mind me posting some, Vanessa!)




All in all, it was a great day. Growing up, I always wondered what I would be doing when I was this age and today, I realized that my life is exactly as I imagined it would be 10-12 years ago. I have a wonderful, forever family, a terrific husband who works hard every day for us, and two beautiful little girls who are the joys of my life. I am so happy to be a part of their lives. I am so blessed. I can't wait to share the next 26 years and many more with them!





16 comments:

Kira said...

Happy birthday Natalie! LOVE the pictures. You guys are so adorable! How is everything going for you guys?

Tamara Jacobs said...

Nat, I'm so glad you had such a fun day. I LOVE the pictures you had done. You are so pretty, and your family is beautiful. I'm so glad you are my sister. I like twilight too. Can't wait to see pictures of your couch! love you.

AnnDeO said...

Happy Birthday Nat. I can't believe that I live in the town we ventured to the morning you were born. I stayed at the hospital for hours just staring at you in the nursery - I was amazed that my sister had brought this baby into the world. You are beautiful. The family portraits are stunning. Love you!

Connor and Jana said...

Happy Birthday Nat! Those pictures are awesome! You have such a cute little family! If you guys do have time at christmas, we would love to get together! Let us know!

Vanessa said...

Natalie: that first picture you posted is one of my absolute favorites from all the photos shoots..you just look so stunning!!!

miquelle and cody said...

What awesome pictures! I am glad you had a good birthday, and you got a couch, wahoo!

Amalie said...

happy birthday and great pics! you guys look very happy

Kaija said...

Happy belated Birthday!! So glad it was a great one! Those pictures are beautiful! love them all!

Sara Jane said...

Happy late birthday Nat. I love your family photos. Have fun in New York this week!

Unknown said...

Happy (late) birthday! It sounds like you got a lot of really great stuff. Your family pictures look so gorgeous!

Beth and Shilo said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a good one. I skipped over the part about how you went to see Twilight. I haven't seen it yet and I am TRYING to stay away from all the reveiws so I like you, go in with no expectations.

It is still so weird to me to see all my highschool friends married with kids. I still feel like we are all still 16. You are still so beautiful and you have the cutest little family.

Sara said...

Hey Nat - Happy Late Birthday! Your pictures are beautiful. You have a gorgeous family. I hope you have fun in NYC!

Kaitlan said...

Nat! You have the most beautiful family!!! You look so pretty! Ah! I love you guys! I'm glad you had a good birthday!

Kell said...

Dear Sister: You are beautiful beyond beautiful. And so is your family. :) Have so much fun in NYC this week. I hope my guide comes in handy. Take lots of pictures! I love ya dearly.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Natalie! I am glad you got out with your hubbie for some fun. I meant to call you that day to offer my babysitting expertise, but I guess you had it all worked out. Happy Bday!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! The pictures are stunning, I love the one with you and Niah.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath