Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

The girls and I took a little trip to visit my sister and her family who live in Missouri. My mom, dad, and sister met us there so it was sort of a family reunion. We hadn't seen my sister's new baby yet, so it was fun to go meet him and let the girls play with their cousins. We had such a good time! (We missed you Col, Ashley, Kell, and Bryan!) Bryan was home sick the whole time and is home sick again today. I felt bad being away when he was so sick, but I think it was better to have peace and quiet for a quicker recovery! My sister and her husband live only a couple of hours from Nauvoo, so we took a trip to visit Nauvoo. I love that place. There is such a sweet, peaceful feeling there. My sister and I even went and did a session in the Nauvoo temple. It was nice to be at the temple. I don't get to go very often. Maybe I shoudn't say this in writing, but sometimes I wish I could take a nap in the temple! It's so quiet, peaceful, and a wonderful place to be. Thanks Mom and Dad for watching the kids.
Grandpa Mike let Niah help him drive around the streets of Nauvoo. She was in heaven. Notice how she's not watching the road though!


This is my cute little sister, Kaitie. I love this picture of her! Some say that we could be twins.


It was such a nice day so we decided to hang out on the grass at the temple for a while. The kids loved playing and it felt so nice to be in the sunshine. Most of these pictures were taken while we were just hanging out and relaxing.





Nauvoo, IL temple at night.





Chloe wrestling and climbing on Grandpa.





Grandma and Grandpa with their grandkids, soon to be one more!




We went on a wagon ride that took us all around Nauvoo and told about the sights. Niah and Chloe loved the horses. Chloe really loved the wagon ride, it put her right to sleep and she slept the whole time!








The trees were so pretty. This is a picture of one of the Dogwood trees. (Right, Mom?! I think that's what it is!) It felt like spring. There were lots of flowers and there were actually buds on the trees!




We had a great time with family. My suitcase that had my camera in it didn't show up until a couple of days after we got there. My family is going to send me some of their pictures so when I get them I will do another post. There are plenty more to come! Thanks Tam, Todd, Preslee, and Jonah for hosting us. It was so good to see you. Let's not go another 10 months without seeing each other, that's way too long!







6 comments:

Kell said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I miss you too. :) I can NOT wait until June! We'll have a blast.

Sara said...

Looks like tons of fun! I love Nauvoo so much! I want to see a preggo shot soon! ;-)

The Brady Bunch said...

You guys always seem to have so much fun with each other, I could totally be adopted by you guys. And I have to agree, Katie is your clone!!

Tamara Jacobs said...

we miss you guys! cute post nat...I will get you pics soon. love you guys!

AnnDeO said...

All the photos are fun. Your mom and dad look like they are so content hangin with the grandkids. Grandpa Edison looked really great on Easter this year. His advice was, "The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man." Being the outstanding equine experts that my boys are they just giggled.

Deanna said...

What a fun trip. I also love Nauvoo, but haven't had a chance to go back since the temple was built!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath