Friday, May 8, 2009

Heavy Heart

Today is the one year anniversary of my grandma's death. It's hard to believe that that much time has gone by. Life has gone on, but things are different. There's not a day that has gone by that I don't think of my grandma. The thing that has been the hardest for me is not being able to call her to tell her what's going on in my life. I want to tell her about the new baby boy, about what the girls are doing now, about Bryan's school, and just talking to her about every day things. She really cared and wanted to hear about the things we were doing. There has been one less phone call made on birthdays and special occasions. I'm not sure how to explain the empty feeling I feel when those things come up.
Although she's not here physically, I know that she's watching over us and is with us. There are so many things that remind me of her. It's probably her saying, "Hey, don't forget about me, I'm here!" I'm grateful that I have so many great memories of her. I miss her but I know that I will see her again. Love you forever Grandma. XOXO

4 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

love you nat. i know exactly what you mean by the empty feeling that you get on certain occassions thinking of Grandma. i miss her so much. can't wait to see you soon. love you.

Jen said...

Darn it. Don't you just wish she had her cell phone with her now. I would call her up so fast just to hear her voice. I miss her more everyday - I thought it was supposed to get easier but I am finding that it's not. She was an amazing mom and even more amazing Grandma. I wish my boys could have known her better, but I see them and know that she is watching over me. Love you Nat. Give that belly a rub for me.
Aunt Jen

Chris Garff said...

It has been a hard year for your family. Aunt Saundra was the best. Hope your weekend was good.

melforbes said...

Wasn't she a beautiful person. I miss her so much. I keep waiting to see her peek her head around a corner or come walking through a door with all of the Holidays and the Wedding activities going on. She left a pretty big empty space behind...she was a lot to a lot of people. Thanks for your beautiful tribute...I cried.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath