Thursday, January 20, 2011

Puppies

We pretty much have puppies on the brain at our house! The girls have taught Benny how to crawl around and bark like a puppy. It's pretty funny. I have three puppies at my house!





Benny has even climbed in our puppy crate to play.



Today we got to go pick out the puppy we want! It's a three hour drive to the breeder we found, so we decided to make a trip out of it. The kids enjoyed watching TV this morning after our morning swim at the hotel.




There were four female dogs for us to choose from. It was hard! We decided on this one. She was so sweet and didn't seem to mind the kids passing her back and forth and fighting on who got to hold her next and for how long. She is only four weeks old now, we'll get her when she is eight weeks.




She has a cute blocky head, the perfect amount of curl, and a mellow temperament. She was also the biggest female in the litter.








The breeder fed them some food while we were there, so she has a messy face!



We can't wait to get our puppy home! We can't come up with a name that we all agree on. We all liked Darla, but then today when we saw the puppy it didn't seem to fit. Some names we are thinking about... Lucy, Molly, Millie, Daphne, Penny, and some others that have left my mind at the moment. I'm glad we have some time to think about it! I think I will dream about puppies tonight! :)








8 comments:

Kaitlan said...

ahhh cutest little pup i have ever seen! my favorite names out of those are Lucy and Penny! love you!

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh soooooo cute!!!!!!!!
i love the pics of the kids being puppies:)
i love all those names!!!!
love you.

Unknown said...

I love random people names for dogs (I wanted to name Disco 'Carl' but I was outnumbered). I say go with something that will make you smile/chuckle everytime you call it. You can't do that when you name your kids, but you can totally do that when naming a dog! I like Maisy (I know it's not on your list) but you could call her 'Crazy Maisy' or 'Lazy Maisy'. Funny.

miss dawn said...

I vote amelia! (: I love that name! (: and you could call her Milee! beautiful!
Welcome home puppy! (:
Love you guys!

Nikki said...

Adorable!! I had a miniature toy poodle when I was a teenager and her name was Molly. It really seem to fit her feisty personality! I think you have to get to know them and then the name comes!

Three Lads and a Lis said...

oh she's just darling. I like Penny and Millie best :).

The Brady Bunch said...

I want a puppy!

Carrie said...

I think Bennett is cuter than the puppy and that's really saying something. I always vote Daphne, but what about Elizabeth? She looks and sounds like an Elizabeth of a puppy.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath