Thursday, March 31, 2011

Waiting

I feel like we have been very busy, but at the same time I feel like life is passing by slowly and not much has been happening. Is that possible?! I know, it doesn't make sense! Bryan has been very busy at the hospital. His call nights have been awful for him. Last week, on one of his call shifts he got twelve admits just in the night! Needless to say, we haven't seen much of him the past little while.

Mabel has been keeping me very busy. She is a very good dog, but of course she has her puppy moments! She hasn't had any accidents for over a month so she is doing great in that area. We are now working on the nipping thing. She is Benny's buddy. He doesn't put up with her nipping and he will tell her no and walk away if she gets too hyper. I think she sees him as the one in charge! :) Mabel knows 'sit', 'down', 'shake', 'come' (when not distracted- we're working on that), and we are working on getting her to like her leash and 'stay'. When we got her at 8 weeks old she weighed 9.4 lbs. When we took her to her 13 weeks visit she weighed 17.7 lbs. She is growing like a weed! I'm waiting for the day when she will lay in the corner and sleep when she is out of her crate. ;) Right now she is a big fluff ball of energy!


Yesterday, Bennett, Mabel, and I were outside playing and the ice cream truck came by. I decided to give Bennett his first popsicle from the ice cream truck! He loved it and I think he was a little surprised when the guy in the van handed him a popsicle. Of course, Benny's little buddy is right by his side.
My latest frustration is this...
Seriously, it never ends. Trying to keep up with the kids, a dog, and housework is not going well! I just can't catch up! Maybe it's my lack of energy and motivation lately. I wish that I could snap my fingers like Mary Poppins and everything would put itself away! Hopefully, this phase of mine doesn't last much longer!


If you've heard Chloe talk, you probably know that she has a hard time saying certain words and sounds. I love the way she talks and I don't want it to change, but it hasn't been getting better. So, before she gets into school we thought it would be a good idea to get her checked out. I took Chloe to a speech therapist yesterday. Her doctor referred us to an outpatient clinic at Memorial. I was very impressed with the therapist we met with. Chloe really enjoyed it and had a lot of fun. After performing a few tests, we found out that Chloe's smaller muscles- the ones that you need for the precision of speaking- around her mouth are basically under developed. Chloe will start weekly sessions in June because there is such a long waiting list. She can also go to a preschool that is for kids with speech problems through the public schools so it will be free to us. I think it's a win, win situation! Chloe is very excited to go to school so she was thrilled to hear that she will get to start in the Fall. And, after waiting and waiting for my new niece to get here- she was a week over due- she finally arrived last night! Paityn Ashley Forbes weighed in at 7 lbs. 2 ozs and 19 inches long. Congrats to my brother and his wife on their new addition! I can't wait to meet her in April.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Hang in there Nat. It really does not slow down at this point. YOu will just get to the driving taxi part of your life. Don't worry about Chloe - Luke said Dars Zader (Darth Vader) right up until he started Kindergarten. He is doing great now and being around all the other kids did the trick. Your laundry pile looks alot like mine.

Carrie said...

I wish we were neighbors again. Chloe is the cutest thing alive. I went to speech therapy all through elementary school to rid me of my lisp, then my retainer in high school undid it all, have you noticed? Ha ha! Speech is super fun. Good for you being so on the ball! Our dog growing up was hyper hyper hyper...for about ten years. Then she got old and sweet.

Carrie said...

PS. Let's don't even discuss laundry. Good luck!

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh nat i know what you mean about housework being frustrating.
i feel like i have such a hard time keeping up too! and it gets old too.
that picture of benny and mabel and the popsicle is sooo cute!
he is getting so big.
that's awesome about Chloe...sounds like it has all worked out perfectly.
cant wait to see you the end of the month.
love you!!!!

miquelle and cody said...

It sounds silly but, I made myself a job list for the week. It seems to be working...so I do laundry 2 days a week, the bathrooms one day, vacuuming twice, bedrooms one day, etc. So instead of things piling up all week, it spreads it out and I don't feel like I am cleaning all the time. I try to get it done before lunch, that way I can have the afternoon to do whatever I want (I wish...whatever else needs to be done before it is time to start dinner!)

Anyway, try it out, maybe it will help!

Addi May goes to speech at school for her lisp and she says other sounds wrong because the air comes around the sides of her tongue instead of the middle...how do they even figure these things out!

We sure miss being neighbors...lets plan another get together!

AnnDeO said...

You are too cute and it is refreshing to hear your honesty. I write six chores down on a list with a time limit and six "fun" things (go for a walk, look at blogs, read a chapter in my book) and then I roll a dice and see what activity I tackle for the next thirty minutes. And then I roll for a "fun" time. I used to do it when the boys were little and they would earn "fun" time with their 10 minute cleanups. Mind you it only worked every so often.

Kaitlan said...

Cute nat! I feel that way sometimes, I am so busy doing lots of things but at the same time it's just the same day over and over and over. This next month will be good. I can't wait to see you guys! Mabel is so cute. I wish I could meet her! Love you


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath