Wednesday, February 20, 2008

More fun in Utah...

We have been doing so much here in Utah- I'm not sure I can write about all of it in one post! We have been here for 4 1/2 weeks now, we still have until March 1st. The time really has flown by. Bryan takes his big boards test tomorrow and then he will fly out Friday. I can't wait for him to get here- Friday seems so far away but it's really not! While Bryan has been in Vermont studying and working hard for his test, the girls and I have been playing just as hard! Niah and Chloe love playing with their cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. Niah's favorite thing to play is princess and prince. My dad has to be the prince and she told him yesterday that they had to go outside and get married! She is loving all of the attention. Chloe has learned a lot since we have been here. She has learned how to clap, wave, do what a fishy does, how to go up and down the stairs, and give high fives. She loves her cousin Preslee. When she see her she just has to give her hugs and kisses. It's really cute. Some of my friends from Middle School and High School got together for a little reunion. We met at my friend Melanie's parents' house (does that make sense?!) and her dad has horses so he saddled up his horse Lola and let Niah and I ride it. Niah had a blast and did not want to get off. It was a lot of fun. I haven't ridden a horse forever, it brought back fun memories.

A couple of Sundays ago we went to Temple Square. Niah had been asking if we could go see the Salt Lake Temple. When we got there, Niah saw the temple and said, "Can we go in there now Grandma?" It was really cute. We tried to explain to her that she needed a special ticket to get in the temple but she just didn't quite understand. In the North End visitors center they have an amazing new exhibit about the family. It's a walk through movie and each room is decorated like a different room in a house- a nursery, kitchen, family room, etc. The message it gave about the family was so awesome. I highly recommend it to everyone! Chloe and Preslee also had a great time!
Here's Niah in front of the Salt Lake Temple. Since we have been in Utah she has been able to see a lot of temples- she can see the Jordan River temple from the freeway and we can see the Draper temple being built from my mom and dad's house. Niah calls it the 'yellow temple' because the stuff that goes under whatever makes it white is yellow right now. I wish that we had a temple closer to us in Vermont. Maybe someday there will be one there!
There is so much more to tell about but I will do it in another post, this one is getting way too long. We are looking forward to having our daddy here and also to go spend time with the Mason family.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Horseback riding looks fun! It looks like you guys are having so much fun at home with your friends and family! I am jealous! Everytime we head out to the Fort Clayton tells me we are going to Niah's birthday party! So we are definitely ready to have you back!

AnnDeO said...

I get a kick out of your girls Nat. They remind me so much of you... beautiful, spunky, adventurous, sweet. I always think of Niah saying, "Same as pink, so what" and it makes me giggle. Glad you have had fun in Utah and that Bryan has had a chance to prepare well for the big exams.

Tamara Jacobs said...

your girls are so cute! I love having you guys here!

Erica said...

It sounds like you have been busy doing lots of fun things! I wish we had a closer Temple too, it's crazy to go to Utah and have Temples all over the place! Your girls are going to seem so much bigger when you get back. We can't wait! Gavin told me the other day that he dances with Niah... it was really funny! He misses her. Yeah for Bryan being done with boards and he can finally go be with you guys! I'm sure you guys are so excited. Have fun!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath