Sunday, January 18, 2009

Barbie Party

Yesterday, Niah had her first real birthday party. It was so much fun. Niah chose to do a Barbie's Diamond Castle party theme. I love to plan parties so this was a great excuse for me to go all out. When we first started planning, I was just going to invite all the little girls Niah's age. What little 3 or 4 year old boy would want to come to a Barbie party, right?! Well, when I read Niah the invite list she said to me, "But Mom, what about Gavin, Mitchell, and Clayton?! They have to be at my party!" She was so upset about it that I decided we better invite the boys too. So, we told them to dress like princes and we provided a sword for them. Niah loved having them there and they seemed to enjoy the Barbie party more than I thought they would. I was worried they would get bored! All the girls dressed like Barbie princesses and brought their favorite Barbie dolls. Anyway, we had 12 little kids here in our tiny house and it was a blast. They had some free play with the Barbies and swords and then we played 'Pin the crown on the princess'. I also had some crayons and coloring pages out that the kids could color. We then opened presents. Niah was spoiled by her friends. She got some great gifts! (Thanks to everyone who came and who was so generous!)


Here's the centerpiece... Niah's Diamond Castle Barbies with a Christmas ornament tied to the balloons to hold them down!


Here's Niah cake. Every year I have tried to make Niah a cute cake, but they are never that great so this year I gave up and we had a store bought cake. I thought it turned out really cute!




Chloe posing and saying cheese for the camera. She loved hanging out with all the big kids.

Here are some of the kids coloring...
Blowing out the candles. Ni actually let everyone sing to her this year without freaking out!


Here's Niah posing by the Barbie poster.





Opening presents...
(I am still learning how to use my new camera so some of these are a little blurry. Hopefully, I'll get better with practice!)
A zoomed out view of our centerpiece...

When everyone left I realized that I didn't get a shot of everyone together, tear. It got a little crazy serving cake and ice cream, and then before I knew it, the party was over. I am really bummed about not getting a group shot. The party was so much fun and I think Niah would agree with me- she better! Thanks again to everyone who came and for all the nice gifts. Niah is lucky to have such awesome friends!








8 comments:

Sara Jane said...

The party looks like so much fun! That's awesome to include the little boys and good that they enjoyed it as well. Niah is so darling. I'm sure she feels so big now.

Kaitlan said...

Nat! What a cute little birthday party! I wish I could have come! I saw Bryan with his prince crown on and started giggling to myself. I love it. haha your a cute mom nat! and i'm glad ni had fun! Love you guys

Kaitlan said...

By the way, I am so happy for you to have baby # 3! Thats so funny how Niah reacted. She's so funny. Ha I cant wait to meet my new neice or nephew this summer :) love you guys so much and congrats!

melforbes said...

What a fun party! It looked like everyone was having a blast and I think you win a prize for being a great 'party planner' Nat. Maybe you should start a business...I think we both got a little of Grandma's Saundra's love of party giving.

miquelle and cody said...

Looks like it was so much fun! Addi was so bummed that we missed it!

Tamara Jacobs said...

how fun nat!! I bet niah was in heaven. Pres loves diamond castle barbie show too:) Miss you! love ya!

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

What a fun birthday party! I know McKendry would love one of those but I got a little lazy this year. It was great to see you over Christmas and want to apologize for the frightful way I look! I definitely was taking a break from getting dressed up!

Kaitlan said...

Very exciting news! We are happy for you all. Niah's party looked like fun.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath