Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas 2008



We had a fabulous Christmas break! It was a very busy, fun, much needed break for us. It was so great to be with family. It seems like it's been forever since we have visited them. On Christmas Eve, we went to see Madagasgar and then headed to my Aunt Mindi's for our annual Christmas Eve party. Niah had a good time playing with my cousins that are her age. We then headed up to my dad's new cabin. It is the sweetest place ever!! I didn't want to leave. Christmas morning was so much fun with Niah and Chloe. They loved every minute of it. Niah got her princess drums that she asked for and Chloe got a Little Einsteins Pat Pat Rocket that she loves. Niah told her friend Addi when she saw her at Church in Aurora that "Santa is a smart guy. He brought me everything I wanted and more!" Bryan and I got a Digital SLR camera from my parents and Bryan gave me running shoes. Bryan's mom and dad gave us money- much needed!! We all got spoiled! Christmas day we had a little get together with my Grandpa and Aunt Dee and some of her friends from Australia. It was a little rushed because they didn't want to get snowed in at the cabin, but it was fun to see them all. Our time at the cabin will be remembered forever. It was so cozy and relaxing up there. Niah loved sledding and riding the 4-wheeler. We couldn't get her to come in. The day after Christmas we drove to Aurora to visit Bryan's family. Niah and her cousins were inseperable. They had so much fun playing with each other. Bryan's family got a Wii for Christmas so we had fun playing that and just hanging out together. We loved meeting our new niece Addison who was born on Dec. 1st. She is so sweet. Bryan and I were able to go to the Manti temple on the day that his Grandma RueLeen works there so it was a great opportunity for us. We haven't been to the temple for a while. Then we headed to our old stompin' grounds in Ephraim, UT to say hello to our friend Connor who we haven't seen in 4 1/2 years. It was great to visit with him for a few minutes. Visiting Ephraim brought back a lot of memories of when Bryan and I were dating. I love that place. New Year's Eve was fun too. Bryan's mom made Chinese food and it was so yummy! We played the Wii and then watched the ball drop. When Niah saw Dick Clark on the TV she said, "Is he real or is he fake?" We had just been talking about how he probably had some work done because he didn't even have a wrinkle on his forehead, so this was hilarious that even Niah noticed something was up! On the Tuesday night that we were there, Bryan's mom got a phone call that Bryan's cousin Melea's little girl, Shelbi, had died suddenly of what seemed to be the flu. She was only six years old and the cutest little girl. I don't know all the details, but they later found out that she had a hernia that had caused part of her colon to die and that caused infection which caused her death. We went to the viewing on Friday night and I had a hard time keeping my emotions in. I have known Melea and her family, the Sheppards, since I was a little girl and my heart aches for them. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. (If you want to read more then click on the link 'Jaden and Stacy Shaw' in our family and friends list. She does a good job of telling the story.) Even though we had an unexpected tragedy in the family, our trip was a success and I am so glad we made it there to share the holidays with them. I am excited to ring in the New Year and experience the new adventures we will have this year!

5 comments:

Sara said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas! So much fun!! I'm glad you were able to see all your family and have such a fun vacation.

I'm so sorry for your cousin. To lose a child is the most devastating loss. I hope that she and her family will be okay during this horrible time.

Melanie Falater said...

It looks like you guys had wonderful time! I am so sad we didn't get together but this time of year is chaotic! Your girls are getting so big and so cute too :)

Katie said...

Fun pictures! Welcome back! I didn't know you had links to Ephraim. My brother in law is from there. Small world :-)

Sara Jane said...

Glad you had a good trip and made it home safe. It's always hard trying to get in all the stuff you want to.

so sorry for the family tragedy. That is so sad.

what kind of camera did you get? I'm still trying to decide what to get, but I got enough money for Christmas to buy one.

Justin said...

Bryan

It sound like you had a fun time while you were out here in Utah. I was sorry to hear about your cousins daughter my Dad told me about it a few days ago. Let me know the next time you are in Utah and we should try to catch up

Justin


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath