Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Chloe!


February 24th, 2007 was the day that our little Chloe was born. It seems like just yesterday and I really don't know where the time went. I can't believe she is two years old! Chloe is such a sweet, happy little girl. I always tell Bryan and Niah that I think she was born with the gift of obedience like Ella in the movie "Ella Enchanted"! She is so pleasant and easy going. I love being her mom, she makes me laugh and makes me happy every day. Since it's her special day, I thought I would write some things down about her...

-She loves to help me clean. The other day I had the broom out and I hadn't swept up the pile yet. Next thing I know Chloe has the dust pan out and is sweeping up the pile for me. Surprisingly, all of the little crumbs made it into the garbage! And just tonight, she wanted to help me fold and put away laundry, but I made her go to bed instead! I love that she will pick up her toys when asked.

-She loves going to nursery at church. She spots her nursery teacher every week in the back of the chapel and gets really excited to see her. She also loves singing time and knows all the actions to the songs.

-Chloe is a monkey. She can now move the stool to where she wants it, climbs up on the counter and gets a cup, snack, or treats out of the cupboards. One day I found her on top of the microwave trying to get her binki off the top of the fridge!

-She can talk, but I'm sure that only the three, well, four of us know what she is saying! Bryan was worried that she was delayed. She must have heard him say this because ever since then she won't stop talking! She's very polite when she talks too- No anks, peese, uv eww, etc.

-She loves her big sister Niah. Whatever Niah is doing Chloe has to try. She also knows how to push Niah's buttons. She can be quite the pest. If Niah doesn't want her coloring in the same book with her, Chloe will lay across the page Niah is coloring and color it herself!

-She loves her grandpa Mike. I think 'ampa' was one of her first words. She always pretends to talk to him on her play phones.

-Chloe loves to get out of the house. Even when Bryan goes to get the mail or to take out the garbage she has to go with him.

-She LOVES ice cream. She takes after her mother. She'll stand by the freezer and say, "eam peese!" I am making her an ice cream cake for her birthday.

-She is a pleasant, go-with-the-flow girl. She is obedient and sensitive. I can't get very mad at her or use a harsh voice with her when she does something mischievious or she gets her feelings hurt. Her smile is contagious- it has been that way since she was a tiny baby!

We love our Chloe Nanners and we are so glad that she is part of our little family. We love you Chlo and hope you have a wonderful 2nd birthday!

6 comments:

The Brady Bunch said...

Natalie your girls are so cute! I heard you're having another one!! Congrats! Do you know what you're having yet? How are you guys?

melforbes said...

Happy, happy day to our beautiful Chloe Nan. We love you and miss you more than the nation!
Grandma Mel, Grandpa Mike, Colin, Kaitie, and Kell

Tamara Jacobs said...

happy happy birthday chloe. we love you and miss you! I loved your post nat. she is such a sweet little girl. we're going to call and sing to her tonight when toddy gets home. hope you've had a fun day. love you!

miss dawn said...

Happy Birthday Chole! Have a wonderful birthday! Wish we could spend it with you! Love You!
Kelsie

Sara Jane said...

Happy Birthday to Chloe. I can't believe she is already 2. She seems to have such a sweet disposition.

Melanie Falater said...

Happy B-day Chloe! I can't believe how fast time goes. I still remember right before you left to go back there and you were just pregnant with miss chloe! It seems like yesterday. Hope you are still feeling well. When do you get to find out what this little one is?


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath