Monday, January 4, 2010

Splendiferous Tea Party

Since me and the kids had nothing to do today but play and hang out, I decided to get the girls and myself dressed up for a tea party. My mom discovered Fancy Nancy while we were there and Chloe LOVES 'Dancy Nancy'. For Christmas, my mom gave Chloe the Fancy Nancy Tea Parties book and darling tea set to go with it. It took some convincing to get Niah to join us, but she did and we had a blast! I tried talking in an English accent but Niah didn't think that was very cool. I was told many times to "stop talking like that, you're bugging me!"




Chloe had to have her hair curled with clippies, ribbons, and headbands- just like Fancy Nancy.


Yes, even Bennett got in on the action! He loved the feathers on my boa and he liked to eat the beads on our necklaces.

It was a splendiferous tea party and the girls can't wait to do it again.




8 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh how CUTE nat!!! that looks really fun. i love that chloe loves "nancy nancy" so much. i miss you guys SOOOO much! you are sooo pretty and the cutest mom. i love you nat.

Bryan and Christy Clark said...

that is so cute! you are such a cute little mom!!

Kaija said...

Totally just laughed out loud about Niah telling you you're bugging her! Practice that accent Nat! Love that you had a tea party. It the simple things in life your kids will remember doing and loving, like having tea parties!!

The Brady Bunch said...

How fun of a mommy are you?!?! I need to take some tips from you and Tam! Leila found a Fancy Nancy doll and she loved it, but we haven't read the stories. I'll have to get one!

AnnDeO said...

I want to have a tea party. Niah's forthrightness is endearing and Chloe's sense of wonder is cute. Happy New Year.

Kell said...

SO cute! I love tea partys. I miss you guys so much already! I'm glad you made it home safe. Love and miss you!

miquelle and cody said...

My girls have been into Fancy Nancy too lately...too bad we can't have a tea party together! :)

Karlie said...

Way fun. Thanks for the idea! Love the last picture. Priceless. Glad you guys are doing well.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath