Saturday, March 7, 2009

Warm Weather

Today we had such nice weather! It was 45 degrees and the sun was out- sort of! I decided to take the girls outside to let them play for a while. We went out to ride bikes, but the girls decided they wanted to play in the mud instead. I was hesitant at first, but I realized they have been couped up inside all winter so why not let them get a little dirty?! Niah decided she wanted to run in the mud barefoot and of course, Chloe had to do it too. Maybe I'm a bad mom for letting them play barefoot when there is still ice and snow on the ground, but I haven't seen them so happy for months. They were in heaven!











I love this picture of them. They had so much fun and I hated telling them it was time to go inside. (Yes, that's ice and water behind them! We have a lake in our backyard.)



I am really tired of the cold and snow so I hope it keeps getting warmer and warmer so that we can play outside all day. I love Vermont summers and I am really sad that this summer will be our last one to enjoy. I will miss it.




8 comments:

Megan Rogers said...

They are so cute! And I bet they are excited to have a little brother!

The Brady Bunch said...

They're cuties! I'm with ya on the warm weather-CAN'T WAIT for it to get here!!! We're going stir crazy being stuck inside all day long...I have Leila at the window constantly, "out-tide, peeze." We need summer! Are you guys coming back to UT after Bryan's done with school?

Kaitlan said...

That looks so fun! They are so funny. I can't wait to see how they are with baby boy. Haha they are too cute. Love you!

Kaija said...

you're a good mom for letting them GO play in the mud! How are ya feeling? I remember you LOVE being pregnant! I am excited for yoU!

AnnDeO said...

Mud and ice - who could ask for a better play paraphernalia. Chase always kept a bucket of mud and leaves and whatever else he could find to mold. (once even a dead snake) It was poison for when the bad guys came. I guess that is what you have to look forward to with boys. Our good weather was obliterated today with a foot of snow.

Annette said...

Good for you! Such a cool mom. :)

Deanna said...

I think you are a great mom. 45 is still freezing for us though! Its 44 right now and I'm about dying (that's because it was 80 on Monday and I was in heaven - even got a little sunburned!).

melforbes said...

Love it! There is real joy on those girls faces and I bet their mama had joy too! I have always loved that you let your kids 'get dirty'. You make me proud Nat...love,mom


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath