Wednesday, April 23, 2008

If I Had a Million Dollars...

Lately, I have been really tired of being poor! I know money isn't everything, but sometimes it would be nice to do things on a whim instead of thinking about the budget. Living on student loans doesn't give you many opportunities for doing fun things just for the heck of it. I don't even need a million dollars, maybe just $20,000. I just don't like feeling stressed or guilty for spending money, even groceries. Bryan is working hard at school and someday his hard work will pay off then I won't have to worry about this as much. As for right now, here are a few things I would do if I had more money.
- I would buy tickets to a Boston Red Sox game and take my family over Bryan's summer break.
- I would hire a babysitter to come every Friday night, no matter what, to watch my kids so that Bryan and I could have a date night.
- I would buy a wall cabinet for my bathroom so that the stuff that is being stored on the floor could be up and out of sight.
- I would take myself shopping and buy a summer wardrobe. Now that it's warm I am realizing that I have nothing to wear!
- I would buy a new couch because the one we have is getting beat up and it kind of stinks!
- I want to take the Amtrak train to NYC and take my girls to the Central Park Zoo and the FAO Schwartz toy store. They would have so much fun.
- I would take Bryan to the shoe store and let him pick out any pair(s) of shoes he wanted. He love shoes!
- I have always wanted nice family pictures so I would find a really good photographer and get those done.
I don't want to sound greedy, but that's my list of things I want to do. They will probably never happen, not soon anyway, but I can dream! I guess I am learning patience, right?! I'm not sure why I posted something about this, but it has been on my mind lately so I thought I would write about it for my journaling purposes!

7 comments:

Maren said...

Amen is all I have to say --except my list would be a little different.

Unknown said...

I get really tired of waiting for "someday" too!

I like you every Friday night babysitter. I would put that on my list too!

Tamara Jacobs said...

love it Nat! I definitely have my "if I had a million dollar list" in my head....maybe in like 20 years it can come true...maybe not a million, but enough to splurge every now and then:) at least you have two years of med school down...I'm excited to get started:) Love ya!

Erica said...

That is a great list! "someday" we will have money! Or at least paying debt off instead of racking it up!

Annette said...

I am getting more impatient for "someday" too! I completely agree with you. When it does finally come, I think we are going to deserve everything good that comes our way. Our husbands have worked hard and so have the wives! I never used to think of myself as a "Gold-Digger" woman... but I've realized the truth. Oh well, at least I'm not in denial anymore. :)

miquelle and cody said...

I hear ya! I love your list, I think mine would include some of the same things. I know money doesn't buy happiness, but I think it sure helps!! :)

Beth and Shilo said...

Greedy?? Now my list would be greedy. It is so hard not to always be thinking about money with the gas prices and everything else going higher and higher. I know alot of people with alot of money and it is so true money does not bring happiness. But I agree it sure makes life alot easier and stress free.


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath