Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference Weekend


We had an enjoyable conference weekend. We can't watch conference on TV like in Utah, so we have to go to the church and watch it via church satellite, or we can watch it at home on the Internet. This time, we decided to watch the morning sessions at the church and the afternoon sessions at home on the computer. Yesterday in between sessions, we stopped and got lunch on the way home. Niah picked Wendy's and was very excited to eat chicken nuggets, one of her favorite meals! Today it was nice to get out of the house and get the 'Sunday' feel by going to the church to watch conference. The talks were very good today and I loved listening to President Monson. He told some pretty funny stories! My favorite talk was Elder Ballard's. It was pretty fitting because as he was talking about motherhood, Chloe was thrashing about and throwing a huge fit- it was hard to hear the talk! I loved his talk because I realized that being a mother really is the greatest calling I can have in life. I am grateful for the great weekend I had to spend time with my family and to listen to some of the best talks I have heard.

3 comments:

AnnDeO said...

Natalie,
You truly are one of the only people I know who says they have always wanted to be a mother and I believe it. Your girls blessed to have you.

Unknown said...

I'm glad your conference weekend was so good. I also loved Elder Ballard's talk. It is really nice to be validated every once in a while.

Tamara Jacobs said...

His talk was my favorite too. I always love conference weekend...it's so refreshing. Sounds like you guys had a good weekend. Love you!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath