Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday!! I would write how old he is but he might get mad at me for announcing his age! My dad is the greatest dad in the whole world. He is the most unselfish person I know. He is always thinking of others and he is good at taking care of everyone. He is funny and is always making or telling jokes. He is very patient. He is dedicated to his family and church callings. He is a hard worker and I'm glad he taught me to be a hard worker too. My dad was the one who tucked me in at night and he would tell us stories every night. I love to remember the bear stories and moose stories that he made up for us at our cabin. We would always want him to tell us more! They were so good. When we (my siblings) were little my dad took us to 7-Eleven to get a Slurpee every Saturday for a Daddy/Daughter/Son date. When he was bishop, I remember going to the church building that was being built and hanging out with him while he made sure everything was going okay. He was bishop when I was baptized and I remember going to his office for my interview- it was nice because I wasn't nervous at all! At the beginning of every school year he gave me a priesthood blessing and I know that it really did help! I am grateful that he was a worthy priesthood holder! He took us on awesome family vacations every year and I love that I have so many memories of us on vacation! We went to some amazing places. I could go on and on telling about memories I have with my dad... there are so many.
My dad is a great grandpa to my girls. They love him to death. Niah and Grandpa Mike are best buds, she loves to call and talk to him on the phone. He is very involved with the girls- he tells them stories and plays hide and seek with them. He even took them to see Hannah Montana in the movie theater- that's love!! My dad is easy to talk to. He helped me get through high school- I hated high school. I could always talk to him about my struggles. My dad is a great example to me and I am still learning from him.
Thanks for all you do for us Dad!! We love you and can't wait to see you when you come to visit. Have a great birthday.

1 comment:

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh I love dad! Your post was really cute. I love everything you said about him. love ya nat!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath