Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend Getaway

We have been trying to get back to a normal routine/life since my grandma died but it has been hard for me. The past couple of weeks I haven't felt like doing much and I have been wishing that the world would stop with me! I am always thinking about my grandma. Well, sadly, the world hasn't stopped so we have kept moving forward. My family had a trip planned to come and visit us over Memorial Day weekend, but since my grandma died they decided it was best to stay home and take care of things there. My dad had rented a lake house on Lake Champlain so instead of cancelling it, he let us go stay there with some friends. My dad is the best!! It was a much needed getaway and we had a blast! It was so nice to go and relax and just hang out as a family. The girls had so much fun.

Here are the girls after church on Sunday. I love Chloe's pose in this picture!

Bryan started pulling the kids around in this hand cart thing and they wouldn't let him stop. I think he got a good workout in!! Niah and Chloe playing in the dirt.
Chloe loved the kayak. She fell sound asleep yesterday when I took her out in it.
Bryan had the creative idea of tying the kayaks together and pulling Niah around. She loved it because she thought she was paddling all by herself!


4 comments:

AnnDeO said...

Nat,
I'm glad you had a chance to spend some time with your little family. I adore the picture of Niah in her one kayak - That girl has spunk.
Take Care Love Aunt Dee

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Natalie! I stumbled upon your blog and I had to say hi! Your family is so cute! I heard about your Grandma and I'm so sorry.

It's good to see you're doing well- visit our blog if you have time!
Shannon (Cann) Crawford

melforbes said...

Nat, I'm with you - I want the world to stop too! I try to get back to 'normal' life, but it's hard to motivate myself and I keep stopping and thinking about my mom. I'm trying to only remember all of the fun and humorous things and in doing so I find myself just giggling once and awhile. Like, every time I am backing up now I hear in my head "was that always there?". We have so many great memories and she will live on and on as we remember her beautiful, classy ways. PS. How about naming the cheesy bean dip 'Saundra'. I think that would be fitting...
love you so much,
mom

Megan Rogers said...

Such a cute family! I can't wait to start my own! Loved the story about Niah and the book of mormon! How cute is that?!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath