Friday, May 9, 2008

Until We Meet Again...


My dear, sweet Grandma Saundra was killed yesterday in a tragic tractor accident. It was a normal day- I was doing the dishes last night at about 6:30 when my sister called to tell me the news. I was shocked. It is amazing how fast life can change. My grandma has been through so much- she had M.S., she was diagnosed with a brain tumor (a Meningioma tumor) almost four years ago and had brain surgery- I just can't believe that this is how she left us. I feel so bad for my grandpa. He was there when it happened and was driving the tractor. He was admitted to the hospital yesterday because he was so sad and he is blaming himself for the accident. I can't imagine what he is going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with him. They had almost finished the house they built in Henefer, Utah- the place they grew up. It was my grandma's dream to move back there and be by my great-grandpa so that they could help take care of him. Last night as I was trying to sleep, I had flashbacks of being with my grandma. We had so much fun together. I remember when I had my miscarriage, I was at my mom's house and when I woke up from a nap my grandma had come to make me some 'Chicken Bite' (chicken noodle soup, my family calls it chicken bite). That meant so much to me and she was always doing things like that for everyone. She traveled to Europe with my mom, dad, sister, and I and we had so much fun with her. She was always up for an adventure. Last night after I talked to my sister, I tried to remember the last time I saw her. It was on Bryan's birthday in February when we were there visiting family. I wish I could remember what she was wearing and what the last words she said to me were. It was probably "I love you or I'll see you soon." I wish I could remember. I know that she is happy and in a much better place than here. She has probably had a big reunion with her Mom, Beulah, and my grandpa's parents, Hazel and Nathaniel. I hope she is happy and I hope that she knows how much I love her. I am devastated by her death and will miss her terribly. I'm sorry if this blog is depressing but I had to write my feelings down- it has helped me to feel a little better. We will probably be going home for the funeral so I will post about that later.
I miss you Grandma Saundra- until we meet again...

6 comments:

Melanie Falater said...

Nat-
I am SO sorry for your family's loss. Grandma Saundra was the best grandma! I still remember sleeping over at her house eating berries for breakfast. And how much fun she was when she was staying at your house when your mom and dad were out of town. She will be greatly missed. We will keep grandpa doug in our prayers. Let me know if I can do anything for your fam- Love, Mel

Tamara Jacobs said...

That was really sweet Nat. I'm bawling...I really miss grandma too. I can't wait to see you. Love you!

travisrichardson said...

Im sorry for you and your family's loss. I remember her. She was very nice. My prayers are with your grandpa, what a horrible pain he must be going through.

Heather and Ben said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Your family will be in our prayers. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.

miquelle and cody said...

We love you! You and your family are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Nat I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It just shows how precious life is doesn't it? You are in my thoughts and prayers. (Your grandpa is too!)


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath