Sunday, June 1, 2008

50 Things...

I was reading a blog the other day and it had this tag on it: List 50 things about yourself. I thought it looked kind of fun! 50 things is a lot though, I'm not sure I can think of that many things. If you are reading this you should do it too!!

1. I LOVE being a mom.

2. I clean when I am mad.

3. I have an obsession with blogging. Every picture I take seems to be perfect for the blog! I am always thinking about what I should blog about next.

4. I was standing on top of the World Trade Towers exactly two months before September 11th. I think that's kind of eerie.

5. I love to eat pears with cottage cheese or Nacho Cheese Doritos dipped in cottage cheese.

6. My favortie restaurant in the world is The Old Spaghetti Factory.

7. I have watched Tiger Woods play golf in Maui.

8. I love anything Disney!! I think I am more excited for our upcoming Disney World trip than Niah is!

9. I think I am, sometimes, unfairly labeled as a snob or rude because I am quiet and a little shy. I think this was very true in high school.

10. If I could hang out in sweats and a t-shirt every day I probably would.

11. My favorite book is Follow the River by James Alexander Thom.

12. I love, love, love being pregnant.

13. I have a brown belt in karate.

14. I wish I would have stuck with karate and gotten my black belt.

15. I really want to go skydiving one day but I would have to keep it a secret from my husband and dad! They would never let me do it!

16. Bryan already knows this- I hate it when he doesn't rinse his cereal bowl. By the time I get to washing it, the last little pieces are crusted onto the side of the bowl and it's a pain to scrub off!

17. The white spot on my tooth is from when I got really sick as a baby. Somehow, whatever I got sick with, left spots on my teeth.

18. If I could get rid of that darn white spot I would. Little kids always tell me I have something on my tooth!

19. I love to travel. I am always thinking of trips I want to take- now or in the future when we actually have money.

20. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with all that I want to do in life. There is just not enough time.

21. I love to sew quilts.

22. My Grandpa Doug was an official in the NFL so I got to go see him officiate at Superbowl 35.

23. I hated high school. I think I have blocked it from my memory-seriously. I can't remember much about it other than the fact that I hated it.

24. There is nothing better than hearing Niah tell me she loves me or that I look cute today. She is so sweet.

25. I love Chloe's smile. It is contagious.

26. I have a bad habit of picking at things- nails, zits, dead skin, etc. Gross, I know!

27. I think Bryan looks really handsome in his white coat. There's something about a man in uniform!

28. My least favorite chores to do in our house are dishes and cleaning out the fridge.

29. I love Doris Day and anything old fashioned.

30. I can remember birthdays and phone numbers really well.

31. I love rainy days in the summer.

32. I really want to live in Nashville. I'm trying to talk Bryan into applying for a residency there.

33. Reading is one of my favorite past times.

34. I have seen Reba McEntire in concert more that six times. I love her!!

35. I haven't been for a while, but I love to golf.

36. I had to write a letter of apology to my mom and dad in 5th grade for shooting spit wads in class.

37. I am not very good at keeping a journal. I wish I was better.

38. Two of my roommates in college had crushes on Bryan- I guess I was the lucky one!!

39. When I was in high school, I went with some of my friends to power box the vice president of our high school. I stayed in the car the whole time but I remember feeling really nervous that we would get caught.

40. I love to cook.

41. I have a really bad habit of not keeping the check book balanced. I just check our account online about once a week.

42. I have never broken a bone but have had stitches twice.

43. I saw the movie Titanic in the theater 8 times. I was obsessed with that movie. I listened to the soundtrack at night while I was falling asleep- sometimes I would lay there crying thinking about the movie. To this day, the only song I still have memorized on the piano is "My Heart Will Go On".

44. Since we have moved to Vermont, I have had two or three dreams that my Grandma Saundra died. Maybe that was Heavenly Father's way of preparing me for her death. She was the person I missed the most since moving here.

45. I have seen the broadway play Les Miserables four times, maybe five, I can't remember. I love that play.

46. I think anyone who wants to run a marathon is crazy!! That doesn't even sound fun to me. (No offense to those who have ran one or who are training for one!)

47. If I could change our wedding anniversary I would. December 27th is too close to Christmas.

48. I really love the TV show John and Kate Plus 8. It makes me appreciate my two girls!

49. I am so glad that I have the gospel in my life. Where would I be without it?!

50. For the most part, I am a happy, go-with-the-flow person!

I did it. It only took me an hour! Everyone who is reading this should take the challenge of coming up with this much- it's harder than it seems.

7 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

I LOVED reading all this! You are so cute...I love John and Kate Plus 8 too. I've only watched it a couple times at mom's, but loved it:)

Beth and Shilo said...

So fun to read. I remember the white spot on your tooth, I never knew what it was from though. It is cute. At least it is not a big brown spot!! I had no idea you hated highschool so much. I hated it too!! I was so glad I didn't go at ALL my senior year, so highschool was only two years for me, thank goodness. I to LOVE J&K+8 Kate makes it almost look fun to have eight kids. Loved reading this about you, you are too cute!!

Annette said...

I just did this... its totally hard! I finally finished, after two days of brainstorming. Fun post!

Unknown said...

Your 50 things was so fun to read! I am not sure I could think of 50 things. You're good!

Heather and Ben said...

#36...totally my favorite!!

AnnDeO said...

Nat, I think your list is fabulous. You are so honest. The Titanic phase makes me laugh - I remember that.

miquelle and cody said...

This is so fun, I love it! And I want everyone reading this to know that I was NOT one of Nat's roommates that had a crush on Bryan! :)


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath