Saturday, June 21, 2008

Strawberry Festival

Yesterday, Bryan finished up his OB rotation so I decided it was time for celebration! I think both Bryan and I are glad that the worst rotations are over with. Bryan has a two week break, so we have some fun things planned for the first few days before our trip. Today we went to the Sam Mazza Strawberry Festival. It was a lot of fun and after a rainy week, the weather was perfect. There was a petting zoo and pony rides. We picked 10 lbs. of strawberries! The girls had a great time picking, actually eating, the strawberries. Niah kept telling us, "This is the last one!" She said that about ten times. I think Chloe put more strawberries in her belly than in the bucket! The evidence was left on her face!
Do you think Niah enjoyed the berries?! Look at that face!
Bryan with the girls. (Sorry B, the only picture I got was one with your eyes closed. Oops!)
We almost didn't let the girls ride the ponies because the line was so long. I'm so glad we let them ride. Chloe's face was worth the tickets and long line. She had a permanent grin. She was in heaven! When the ride was over she was very upset.
Niah's pony was named Coca-Cola. Chloe's was named Spanky. Niah thought her horse's name was the best.
Well, what does a person do with 10 lbs. of strawberries? You make jam!! We now have jam to last us a very long time. The strawberries taste soooo yummy.
We had a great day and are looking forward to having Bryan home with us for a few days. There will be many more things to post about in the next few days. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

TLJ said...

how fun Nat! I love Chloe's face on the pony ride:) You know what's funny? I made homemade strawberry jam this week too- it was my first time:) YUMMY!!!! see you soon!

miquelle and cody said...

mmmmm, homemade strawberry jam! I love the strawberry festival, looks like you had fun!

Beth and Shilo said...

Looks like tons of fun. I love homemade strawberry jam and I am super impressed you made and canned it yourself. Go Nat!!

Melanie Falater said...

Yummy - that jam looks so good! Chloe looks so happy on that pony..she's a pro. Have fun with your Fam in DISNEY WORLD!!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you have time to play now!! I also wanted to let you know that I am now a "blogger"- checkout my blog... theliechtyfamily

Dana P said...

Hi Nat!

I just found your blog off of the Alta blog and wanted to say hi and tell you how cute your family is! It is great to see how your family has grown since I saw you last! Anyway, drop me a line if you get a chance...

Dana (Johnston) Purcell

Kell said...

TWO MORE DAYS!!! TWO MORE DAYS!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! PARTY ON!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath