Thursday, June 12, 2008

Beach

One of our favorite things to do in the summer in Vermont is to go to the beach. Lake Champlain has some great places to play on the shore. It has been really hot here the past few days, only one degree short of an official heat wave, so we have gone a few times the past week. The girls love to play in the water and the sand. They are content the entire time we are there so it's a fun time for them and a nice break for me. I made them matching swimsuit covers with Disney Princesses on them and Niah hasn't taken hers off. Chloe of course, had to have sunglasses just like her big sister! I think they look so cute! Chloe loves to scoop the sand in the buckets and then dump it out in the water.
Niah gets pretty brave in the water. She likes to see how far she can go before I make her come back to the shore. The water is still pretty cold too but she doesn't seem to mind.


Here's Chloe after a day at the beach yesterday. The sun really wipes her out! We are planning on making many more beach trips this summer. It's such a great family activity!!

8 comments:

Erica said...

I love their little swimsuit dresses you made! So cute. I am impressed with Niah being so brave in the water, she has no fear!

Maren said...

They ARE cute in their sunglasses. I can't believe Chloe's blonde and abundant curls.
How fun to live near a beach!

AnnDeO said...

Wasn't Vermont just covered in snow? Amazing how the weather changes so quickly.

Tamara Jacobs said...

So cute! Good job on making those swimsuit covers!!! You need to teach me how to sew! I love how Niah runs in the water!

Kell said...

Way cute. I wish I could play on a beach somewhere. And I'm way jealous of you swimsuit cover making abilities. :) Love ya Nat!

Unknown said...

Wow! You made those? That's awesome. We need to get out to the beach some more. This heat is killing me!

Keisel Family said...

Natalie,

I never get to comment on your blog because for some reason when I am on my computer at home it always kicks me out of your site when I try to post a comment. Today I am at my parents' house so I thought I would give it a try.

Your girls are so cute. I can't believe how big they are! I love looking at your blog and seeing all of the fun things you guys are up to in Vermont.

I am excited that you guys get to go to Disney World with your family. That will be so much fun. I look forward to the pictures.

So, now you know why I never comment on your blog, but I do read it regularly!

Kaija said...

Nat your blog is always so cute! Help me make mine cuter! Maybe if I had pictures of my kids...but until then...have any suggestions? PS I love the Disney music...totally brings me back!

also do you think Tamara would be weirded out if I commented on her blog? I did once...introducing myself but not sure!


Here we are at the top of Niah's castle!


Here's Niah and her best friend Addi playing in the dirt!

Bryan's favorite things:

  • BYU Football
  • Pandora.com
  • Surfing the Internet
  • Mountain Biking
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Kayaking

Natalie's Favorite Things

  • Naps
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Going on dates with Bryan
  • Reading good books
  • Being a mom

Niah's Favorite Things

  • Hannah Montana
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • High School Musical
  • Reading books with her dad
  • Singing
  • Disney Princesses
  • Playing outside with her friends

Chloe's Favorite Things

  • Being outside
  • Her binki
  • Bananas
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Playing with Niah
  • Taking a bath